Nitecore F1 Flexible Charger Review. Field tested!

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see NiMh support as well, but i think the power bank feature would not work with an single 1.2v cell once boosted to 5v you would get very little energy out of it when compared to an 3.7v li-ion cell.

John.

Of course one would not expect any powerbank function from NiMh. That's what li-ion is for.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course one would not expect any powerbank function from NiMh. That's what li-ion is for.

NZZEziG.jpg

;)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried charging a 14500 battery on an older laptop with only USB 2. The F1 worked. Charged the battery to 4.19.

jsackspot

Newly Enlightened
I'm just sad I'm now starting to learn about the 18650 "platform".

If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have bought CR123 (16650) -based lights. What other goodies do people use as well (looking at the HC30, or H600)?

Also, what is magnetic charging ring; is that something more advanced countries have as a public service? :faint:

Thanks all!

Arizona_Mike

Newly Enlightened
What kind of current are you getting from the F1? I think I recall seeing you are an Apple guy and I'm wondering if your iPhone is throttling to 500mA not recognising the power source.

I evaluated the THRUNITE U1 which will charge but not use NiMH in addition and can fit up to 26mm cells. It is high visibility orange and has a Velcro case to hold the battery in place. Unfortunately it is rated at only 1A capacity but identifies itself as a 1.5A+ USB power source by having the data pins connected. My Samsung Galaxy S7 tries to draw too much current and the voltage crashes and it cycles rapidly on and off above about 1.15A. I'm returning the two I bought to Amazon.

I may take a look at the F1.

Mike

Last edited: