Nitecore IFE2 (1x18650, XP-G R5, Continuously-Variable) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS+

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
  • Compatible with the Surefire E Series tubes.

I saw this, but am at a loss to figure out how. The E series tube has a male threaded connection. The IFE2 head also has male threads. Do these really go together somehow?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I saw this, but am at a loss to figure out how. The E series tube has a male threaded connection. The IFE2 head also has male threads. Do these really go together somehow?
You are right, that doesn't make sense. I just quote the manufacturer/dealer specs in the intro of my reviews, I don't edit for content - my reviews do the correcting for output and runtime. ;)

But in this case, I'm guessing that's a dealer holdover error from another light description (maybe the earlier Infilux?). I'll take it out of the reported specs, as it doesn't seem right.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
i can see in offecial site gray-color body, but in .. as black-color version. this is genue nitecore or OEM?
Manufacturer's can change their anodizing tints over time. If you are concerned, check with the manufacturer to see if a given dealer is an authorized dealer or not, that should tell you what you need to know.