Nitecore mh10 v2

perost

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a Nitecore MH10 v2 but then realized that there was an MH12 v2 which is very similar except it has a tail switch.

Does anyone know if the MH10 can be converted using NTC2 Tactical Tail Cap?

gimmealight

Newly Enlightened
I don't know, but for me it was the reason I decided to go with the MH10 V2. Nitecore UI has gotten worse and worse, and the UI differs between lights. I wanted at least a one-button light, to me they're safer and faster to use. I haven't gotten mine yet, should be here tomorrow. My only concern is that it won't turn on accidentally.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a light with a tail switch that controls all the settings, but most of the lights I see from Nitecore have a tailswitch and 1 or 2 additional buttons.

They're good lights and it's one of my favorite brands, I just wish they would clean up the UI and switchgear. Make a decision, and implement it on every light. I have around 10 Nitecores and they're all almost completely different from each other. Not good...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It can be difficult selecting the right Nitecore model.
Personally, I chose the MH12S (the current version with 1800 rated lumens). A good combination of throw and flood. Only one tailcap button. It does have a side switch for mode selection. But doesn't work unless the light is first turned on with the tailcap. So, no chance of accidental activation in the pocket. Plus, unlike a lot of other Nitecore models, it does not require a proprietary Nitecore 21700 battery in order to work. Any 21700 battery can be used. It does have a memory feature. So, if you want the light to always switch on in the highest setting, just be sure to switch it off on that setting. Very easy. Wish the clip was a better design though.

gimmealight

Newly Enlightened
I got the MH10 V2 today and it's super. I also have an MH12 Pro which has two switches like you said on your S model. Eye burner for sure.

What I like about the MH10 V2 is that it has only one switch and comes with a really nice plastic holster which has a clip and can also be molle strapped. It holds the light securely and has a big cutout so the switch is protected. Also where the bezel bottoms out in the plastic holster it is narrower than the bezel, so the flashlight has no chance of dropping out. Runs on 21700 so I can share batteries between this and my MH12. It can also use an 18650 or 2xRCR123A or 2xCR123A. Eats anything :D

Despite the ratings, it's really bright and the UI is quite ok. This one is a winner for me.

An easy way to spot the proprietary battery requirement is that they put an i in the model name like P20i. I just avoid those.

So far in Nitecore I have a few SRT3, a couple MH10 V2, MT10C (next best thing to my old favorite SRT3), couple of MT2A which I kinda hate for various reasons, an MH27 (good, crazy colors and a nice fabric holster) and the MH12 Pro.

Agreed, wish they would go with screw-on clips like on the SRT3. These spring clips are totally untrustworthy so they go in the drawer.

oh meant to say I like your quote from John Cleese. My buddy quotes Mr. Spock "In an insane world, a sane man will appear insane" ;)