Nitecore MH20: XM-L2 (U2),micro-usb, 1x18650, max. 1000 lumens, (beam)shots, compare

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using that port daily.
It really is a YMMV thing.
Since I'm using a rigged battery I'm inclined to charge in light so not to disturb a working temporary fix.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, that's a rub.
Also have fired turbo accidentally,
turned off light too slow, they'll learn ya quick.

By my guess, the 50 lumen mode is closer to 100 or touch better, maybe 125ish. I'm totally guessing against other lights I have.

This is not a gentle light IMO, it's great.

MtnDon

Newly Enlightened
1 lumen that then jumps to 50 lumens...
Why....?

I am glad Nitecore used 50 as the low setting and 230 as their mid range (their numbers). I find the low on many lights too low as well as the mid being a trifle too low. I like the Nitecore MH20 settings. No one item, be it a flashlight, a coffee maker or a truck is a good fit for everybody.

I do not expect the USB port to be a problem. I've never had the port flap on any cellphone I've had fail and one of the two I use has now had 5 years of use.

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Around after 1 month of usage I feel The more I use The more I love this flashlightt.Initially I was reluctant due to it's cool tint.But on using I came to know this tint is more like neutral and it's very bright in even the low settings.The 1 lumen setting is very useful and like all I also feel the 50 lumen setting to be much brighter than oter flashlight at same level.surely it will be around 100 lumen mark.I use it in middle setting always which is pretty bright and gives lot of confidence when walking through woods. The heat sinking on this is awsome .Also I get good runtimes on my nitecore 3400 18650.The beam profile is very good no artifacts, smooth beam with lots and throw and pretty sufficient flood for an edc flashlight.The deep carry clip is awesome.I very much love it's voltage indicator and it's location beacon (which I find very useful at night).I always use the usb charging facility which is very handy as we dont need to remove battery from the flashlight. I never felt the usb charging facility as a burden also the usb cover is completely sealed from dust and water.I carry it during heavy rains and no moisture was found inside the usb port nor any dust.If there was a magnet on the base it would have been nice.

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
You will truely fall in love with this flashlight.It has a beautiful beam to please and lots of useful features for the price.Now all my other edc lights are mere shelfqueens .Its a right blend for throw and spill in an edc light.Eventhough it's not neutral the tint is very pleasing to eyes.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will truely fall in love with this flashlight.It has a beautiful beam to please and lots of useful features for the price.Now all my other edc lights are mere shelfqueens .Its a right blend for throw and spill in an edc light.Eventhough it's not neutral the tint is very pleasing to eyes.
I believe many have found that this light kicked a former edc to a shelf since getting it, including myself.
+1
Hard to stay mad at the output of this thing.

phosphor

Enlightened
Mine arrived today...it certainly has plenty of features. I'm still trying to figure out how I can activate the ring tones.:D I'm not sure I will ever use the flashing locater/button mode...I have so many flashlights already in my living space it's everything I can do to not trip over one. I can see that mode activating in short order if you pocket carry, but it draws such a low current that it's essentially a non-issue.

Seriously, it's well made...comes with a holster, lanyard, pocket clip....tickets for two to the Bahamas. I can see this as good choice for someone entering the 18560 world for the first time, or for the flashaholic who wants to try a light with a charging function. I'm not knocking the Olight lights that re-charge, but this Nitecore appeals to me more. If you buy this, as I did, with a significant discount...it's a "no-brainer".

OK, so now I can join the chorus of MH20 owners, and harangue the rest of our brethren into buying this light. By the way, how's this for luck? The two protected Panasonic 18650's I ordered (which are on the long side, but fit without any issues in the MH20) arrived yesterday; the Nitecore MH20 arrived today.

It's dark now....so out I must go!

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right on Phosphor!
Good timing on mail deliveries.

Bahamas??
I've misplaced my tickets apparently☺

A fellow Fenix fan here, mentioned that this light (MH20) kicked his Fenix from their EDC routine, that was noteworthy to me.
Then shortly after that, a Zebralight fan said it was a good light,
except for poor tint in their usage, again experienced user.

Right then, I knew this light was for me and ordered it.
Bugger wouldn't sell me his either lol, just teasing MR6☺
Cheers.👍

phosphor

Enlightened
I've had this light now for just over 24 hours....and it's a "keeper". VERY nice balance between throw and flood. Mostly I've been using it on the 50 lumen setting. From there this light keeps getting brighter. This is surely the nicest Nitecore I've owned. Nitecore needs to use the MH20 as their standard for new production....and give the MH20 design and production team a promotion!

TIP....rotate the clip down over the charging port cover and the rubber port cover will be locked in place and won't come out until you move the clip.

Last edited:

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
just for the sake of knowing.What is the colour temprature of mh20.I dont know whether it's because of its beaitiful beam or tint I kind of prefer it over my other neutral or warm lights.This tint makes my mind and eyes happy and on long walks and cycling I tend to use this more.Its like a pleasant , refreshing feeling while using this rather than a washed out or warm feeling.IMO I think nitecore made the right decision to stick on to this tint.I was a hadcore neutral fan but this light brainwashed my tint preferences!Does pd35 has this same tint??.what other lights have this kind of tint ??.But again this beautiful tint is only from low to middle mode.After that only the hotspot has this tint but spill gets somewhat blueish white.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I showed a picture in a tint thread, this light on high and a PD35 on low. I messed up, but my point here is, tint fans when asked which they liked better a couple chose the blue tinted Fenix.

My MH20 has a boiling cloudy corona tinted with yellow on high, center is white.
I myself like both, Fenix is easy on my eyes, this is blasting☺
They have their places.

ZGerman

Newly Enlightened
I posted this in the other MH20 thread and thought since you guys talk about tints it would fit here too

LEFT: MH20 | Right: MH20w

compurzff.jpg

Having both versions at hand to compare, i can definately recommend getting the NW version.
The CW is nice, but the NW is the icing on the cake. Goodbye SC62w ^^

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore MH20: XM-L2 (U2),micro-usb, 1x18500, max. 1000 lumens, (beam)shots, comp

Lots of complains on Amazon Reviews regarding the MH20 USB charging cable. Few buyers claim it gets very hot to the point that it melted and caved on one side making it a hazardous situation.

Just curious how might that happen with .5A max current...

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore MH20: XM-L2 (U2),micro-usb, 1x18500, max. 1000 lumens, (beam)shots, comp

I have had my MH20 NW for almost a week now and I gotta say, I am loving it too. It really is a great light. My usual EDC light(Eagletac D25C Nichia 219) has been kicked from my pocket for the time being and reserved for when I need tiny or higher CRI. Otherwise this is staying. Good job Nitecore and keep the neutral white options coming.

phillip171

Newly Enlightened

How is the switch on the MH20 ? Does it come on too easily when carried in a pocket ?
I have had mine for 3 months and it has accidentally turned on 3 times carrying it in the holster. The last time it accidentally turned on it got so hot I could not hold it. Now I unscrew the tail cap slightly to prevent this from happening