Nitecore MH20GT: XP-L HI V3,micro-usb, 1x18650, 362 meters, 1000 lumens, (beam)shots

Pichpet

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the review.

Can i put 70-71mm long NCR18650B Batteries with PCB and button top into the nitecore MH20GT ? the most recent ncr18650B with PCB are almost 71mm long.

MondoFire

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the review.

Can i put 70-71mm long NCR18650B Batteries with PCB and button top into the nitecore MH20GT ? the most recent ncr18650B with PCB are almost 71mm long.
I will go out on a limb here and say that I think the spring/cap will bottom out and you won't get a reliable connection. My 69mm cell is less than 2mm from the outer end of the cap when I hold it side-by-side. I was afraid it wouldn't work first time it was installed.

Hidaven

Newly Enlightened
Hi, 2 questions. My light seems to have a slight white circular line about a foot to 18 inches off the hot spot. Clear circle. So it doesn't go smoothly from the hotspot to the full spill is that normal or is my reflector bad? lastly, how do you get it in standby mode and how much power does it draw? thanks

Timo5150

Newly Enlightened
Another great review. I am sold on Nitecores' EDC flashlights. I just wish they came with a magnetic tail piece or made it easy to add one. I have been trying to decide between the EA11 and the MH20 but now you make it harder with this review. just kidding but it does make for another decision.

LEDeez

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am looking to buy two of these for my elderly parents. Can anyone who owns the MH20GT tell me if there is a low battery warning light that flashes? I have read there is nothing to let you know the battery is getting low, but I have also read the blue light will flash once every 2 seconds when the battery gets to 50% and then increase faster as the battery drains more. Just trying to figure out which is correct. I understand you can get the battery voltage reading by loosening and tightening the tail cap which is awesome, but the low battery warning light is a must have for my parents as they will have no clue what the battery voltage reading even means.
smile.png

I have the Soonfire NS17 MH20 clone that cost $34 with a 3400 mah battery included and it has a red light that lights up when the battery needs to be charged so I was hoping a $100 light would have a similar feature.

Thank You.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I am looking to buy two of these for my elderly parents. Can anyone who owns the MH20GT tell me if there is a low battery warning light that flashes? I have read there is nothing to let you know the battery is getting low, but I have also read the blue light will flash once every 2 seconds when the battery gets to 50% and then increase faster as the battery drains more. Just trying to figure out which is correct. I understand you can get the battery voltage reading by loosening and tightening the tail cap which is awesome, but the low battery warning light is a must have for my parents as they will have no clue what the battery voltage reading even means.
smile.png

I have the Soonfire NS17 MH20 clone that cost $34 with a 3400 mah battery included and it has a red light that lights up when the battery needs to be charged so I was hoping a $100 light would have a similar feature.

Thank You.
To part of your question, you have to press the button when off to get 1/2/3 flashes to indicate rough battery life (10%/50%).

However... can I inquire why this would be the light for them? A pocket thrower is a bit of an odd choice for people with aging eyes who most often use lights for closer range use. My inclination is to go floody and rechargeable.

LEDeez

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. They are elderly, but can see fine. I bought them Fenix UC35's which they like for walking, but then I showed them my Convoy C8 with XP-L HI and they really liked the longer throw. I prefer my $20 Convoy over all my other expensive lights, but they need the USB recharging capability.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. They are elderly, but can see fine. I bought them Fenix UC35's which they like for walking, but then I showed them my Convoy C8 with XP-L HI and they really liked the longer throw. I prefer my $20 Convoy over all my other expensive lights, but they need the USB recharging capability.
Makes sense! Throwy lights are more fun!

LEDeez

Newly Enlightened
Makes sense! Throwy lights are more fun!

My first light was a Fenix PD35 TAC and I loved it at first and though it was the brightest thing ever. Then I got some more throwy lights and like you said, they are just more fun. They make me go for walks more often because I just want to use them. The thing is the floody lights seem more safe for walking for them because they light up a wider path and not just a tiny spot, but I guess you gotta give up a little safety for some fun sometimes! lol

Antykain

Newly Enlightened
Nice review and great comparison shots! Was looking at the MH20 as a possible next purchase, but I think now it'll be the MH20GT after seeing how it performs here. Thanks kj75!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had the GT since it was first released and still love it. Matter of fact I rank it up there on the same high plateau when it comes to compact lights as the highly lauded Zebralight SC600 MkIII HI. kj75's photos are spot on which is very impressive. As for spill the GT may not have as much spill as the XML2 MH20's but it still has enough for a good walking light. The GT is at the top of the pocket thrower game Nitecore really did a good job with it. I have all 3 MH20's and the GT gets the most use. The GA cell is perfect for the GT.

rookieshiner

Newly Enlightened
This "Sickness" is getting really bad! Started out with a P-12, then a EC11 then a TMO6s and was about to order a P12Gt but I read this and just now ordered a MH20GT instead of the P12GT since its just as powerful but smaller but a lot more $$!

Last edited:

rookieshiner

Newly Enlightened
Got my MH20GT and to me at least it makes my P12 & EC11 almost obsolete, love it!

Last edited:

rookieshiner

Newly Enlightened
Tonight using a 3.7V 3500mah 18650 batt. in my MH20Gt set on Turbo it ran strong for 3 hours and 3 min before it died 100% and the batt. showed a 1% charge, This seems to be quite impressive and soon I will see as to how long it will run on high!

yellowdogyellowsnow

Newly Enlightened
Have had my eye on the MH20 for a while now, just cant decide if the USB charging port will become a huge point of failure for me. I wear a headlamp on my hard hat (NH60) where the USB charging port is sealed under a twist on cap so im comfortable with that, but my EDC light will see all sorts of O&G chemicals and temperature swings from -40 to 110 F. Thoughts on exposed USB port or no? Everything else about this light seems on point for what I would use it for daily.