Nitecore P25 Vs. MH25

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been thinking about a USB rechargeable LED flashlights that uses a single 18650 battery. Right now I have narrowed it down to the Nitecore P25 Vs. MH25. They look similar to one another is many respects. Which would my fellow CPF members select and why?

ven

Flashaholic
I was in a similar boat last year and chose the p25 with no regrets,like the grey colour option,side button for modes and V read out. Just a nice light ,cant fault it and imo just looks better cosmetically too(thats me though)

Cant comment on the mh25 due to not owning:)

Neilbenecke

Newly Enlightened
My wife really loves EA8 caveman lol ok so please lets not read to much into that loI to that one please I don't get it and I ask her she just said

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Neilbenecke

Newly Enlightened
Dam this send is really sensitive but anyway when I ask she like oh it's cute .... WHAT ????? there is absolutely nothing cute about that caveman, even if I face timing back and forth between Mars and Venus

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the MH25 and the EA40. They have the same reflector and led. The beam is very smooth and operation is really simple. It can tailstand and feels really sturdy overall. USB charging option is not the fastest nor the most accurate but it does a decent job and is worry free.

One thing you should know, at 16cm and with a quite large head this is not a compact light. For such deep reflector one should expect long throw and tight hotspot. BUT... compared to my Fenix PD35vn, which has the same amp draw, thinner profile, much smaller reflector (20mm vs 33mm), they perform very similarly at a medium range. Yes its a VN but I believe it is worth comparing given both have unique advantages.

I would chose the MH25 over the P25 just because it is a better looking light, the switch feels great and it does not get hot quickly. Don't like the design and HA choice of the P25 at all.

Danielsan

Enlightened
I have the MH25 and the EA40. They have the same reflector and led. The beam is very smooth and operation is really simple. It can tailstand and feels really sturdy overall. USB charging option is not the fastest nor the most accurate but it does a decent job and is worry free.

One thing you should know, at 16cm and with a quite large head this is not a compact light. For such deep reflector one should expect long throw and tight hotspot. BUT... compared to my Fenix PD35vn, which has the same amp draw, thinner profile, much smaller reflector (20mm vs 33mm), they perform very similarly at a medium range. Yes its a VN but I believe it is worth comparing given both have unique advantages.

I would chose the MH25 over the P25 just because it is a better looking light, the switch feels great and it does not get hot quickly. Don't like the design and HA choice of the P25 at all.
I like the P25 much more, it just looks awesome, the design, the color, that rail and of course that switch with integrated LED. The MH25 looks conservative and a bit boring to me. Also the P25 is XM-L2 now and the MH25 is still the old

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
Definitely the P25 over the MH25. For the looks of it and for sure the Grey color is distinct but together with the other collection, the grey color kinda looks little odd. Seperate it and it looks very good.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was looking on line at these, some places showed that they had the same number of lumens, but others showed that one is a bit more than the other. Also, one site listed that one came with a battery and the other did not.

Danielsan

Enlightened
When I was looking on line at these, some places showed that they had the same number of lumens, but others showed that one is a bit more than the other. Also, one site listed that one came with a battery and the other did not.
Which light you mean with that? If you mean the P25 then it is because most stores offer the XM-L Version of the light, the new XM-L2 has just arrived some stores in China and this version has 960 lumen, the "old" one was something with 8XX Lumen. It is normal for flashlight manufactors to upgrade to the new emitters when a model is on the market for some time like the P25. Nitecore did the same with the EC Series and updated them silently to XP-G2