Nitecore SRT6

Taz80

Enlightened
Magnetic ring lights are my favorite U.I. for road walking and dog walking. I rotate between the SRT7, RRT26 and V20C, with the SRT7 getting the most use. The 7 has a larger head and more throw than the 6. I've been thinking about getting a SRT6 for the broader hotspot, but have been holding off hoping for an update. Which doesn't look like its going to happen, unless I buy one of course. Anyway, if you like underhand carry I think you would like it.

Tapis

Enlightened
A (possible) good SRT6 update would be to make it rechargeable. I personally don't care, I prefer to use a charger and don't mind carrying additional batteries around. But I think it would make a great gift to non-flashaholics as a magnetic ring is easy to understand and operate.

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Highly recomend good IMRs 18650 with high capacity (2900-3000 mAh) , the flashlight is brighter at lower voltages (3,6-3,7V) than with protect cell (I compared with Panasonic 3400 mAh protected) .
Also the warning in turbo mode came a lot faster on pretected cell (at ~3,7V) than with IMR (at ~3,3V)

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
The best update I think is the led (a new led with 30-32000 cd would be great) .
To make it rechargeable yes, a nice feature. But if I'm not wrong, all rechargeable Nitecore flashlights 1x18650 are at ~0,5 Ah (and should use protected 18650), is ok in some situations, but for me to wait 4-5 hours to recharge a 18650 3000-3400 mAh is an eternity...in 2..2,5 hours I must have full power :) (charging at 1 Ah)

Precise

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nitecore SRT6 Repair

I did not read this entire thread, so apologies if I'm duplicating a prior post.

My new SRT6 arrived dead. It would not light up. But examining the battery contacts, I noticed that the plus contact was recessed below the surrounding black plastic disc. I fixed it easily by soldering a narrow strip of springy copper to the contact and folding it back on itself to give it some spring.

Best regards,

Alan

JohnSmith

Enlightened

Were you using flat top batteries? That recessed contact is the light's reverse polarity protection mechanism.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Were you using flat top batteries? That recessed contact is the light's reverse polarity protection mechanism.

This was my first thought too. Sounds like you found a hack around a feature that some don't like, but saying that it arrived "dead" is quite misleading, if you were simply using the wrong type of cell.

Octavian

Newly Enlightened

I found something interesting, next week I will send my SRT6 for shaving the led :)
What I understand from that forum, after shaving the light will be similar to Armytek Dobermann XP-L HI, which is very nice.

For sure will be next step from Nitecore, to release the SRT series with XP-L HI led, but don't want to buy another one.
With ~35000 cd will be almost the perfect light (if the operation will goes well )

http://forolinternas.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9415

PS: same operation I made almost 2 years ago to my Olight M22, the result was great, 45-50000 cd with a nicer color (warmer), the light works great.

Last edited:

Rawk

Newly Enlightened

srt6p4r21.jpg

:popcorn:

Tapis

Enlightened
I have owned two SRT6's for about 13 months now. One is a daily carry light, and the other is my night stand light. I like the one on my night stand because I can set it so low to look for things without waking my wife up...
Not low enough IMO and the ring is difficult to adjust at the lowest level. Try a Sunwayman V11R. It's the lowest I have seen, and truly wonderful to maintain the night vision. Unfortunately, battery consumption is not good. I personally use a Zebralight SC62w to not awake wife at night. She's the one actually who's using the V11R, she finds the ring much easier to operate.

Last edited: