Nitecore Tube - USB charging issues?

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
Two of my NiteCore Tube's are gone. They just stopped working after regular use. They do show charging indication, but are not working at all, and it seems they even can't be fully charged. Wierd. I don't trust NiteCore products that much. NiteCore Tube's seems to be very low-quality built, what I have seen when I took one of it apart.

Anyone have any issues charging the new Nitecore Tube? Just got one yesterday and I think it's a pretty nice $10 light. I really like the idea of charging it up instead of swapping out button cell batteries. But there's the problem - I can't get it to charge consistently.

I played with it a lot last night to run down the initial charge. Hooked it up to a micro-USB (that charges my Droid), but it wouldn't charge. Tried another cable - same deal. And another, this time wiggling the cable back and forth until the blue charge LED lit up. Then I moved it and it went out. Then back on... I tried a few cables with different chargers - no luck. Basically it's got a bad connection.

Not going to cry too much over a $10 light, but I've got to admit it's the "coolness factor" that sold me on it. I've got a micro-USB charger with me wherever I am - home, work, car - so I think this charging method is a great idea.

Anyone have any solutions??

GregP507

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I probably just got a dud.

Good advice. I did e-mail them originally with a description of the problem, just like I posted here. Instead of getting a reply like "sorry you had a problem, let's work it out," their reply was a form e-mail more like "print this, initial here to authorize us to charge your credit card for freight charges..." I wrote back and said I wouldn't agree to those terms. If I mail it back I expect them to send me a replacement without billing me again. I didn't get a reply. I'll admit I do get annoyed at sub-par customer service, especially since it's a vendor I've purchased from in the past, one of the first I found after joining CPF all those years ago.

I'll rally that CPF spirit and try to fix it myself! If I find a solution, I'll post it here. Thanks for the input everyone.
I'd leave them a factual online review of why you were unsatisfied. There are plenty of online vendors who don't pull stunts like this.

Dubois

Enlightened
You have a dodgy connection,happened to me on a droid phone.Send back for a refund or exchange.

If you are trying to help the OP, I suspect that ship has sailed. The warranty from over 2 years ago will, I suspect, have ceased to be. It is no more.

fstoplights

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore Tubes tend to go wonky after a few months. which is why the local dealer here only offers a 3 month warranty for it :sssh: