Niteflux Red Zone 8

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody
Has anyone received the new Niteflux Red Zone 8 tail light?
Im in the list, but as an international customer maybe i need to wait a little (or longer) bit more to have it in my hands.
I have contacted David about 10 days ago and said to me that in this week he has the first batch shipped to the US first.
Is anyone has it in his hands?
Any initial impressions?

floydla1

Newly Enlightened
Today, 3/4/13 I received 2 of the Red Zone 4/8 models. BEWARE!! The product form is nothing like the original Red Zone 4 models. I have sent an e-mail to niteflux.com expressing my dismay at the deceptive advertising. Again, if you are looking to get a product in anyway similar to the pictures on the Niteflux website you will be very disappointed.
Larry.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only heard about these lights today, from this thread.

Sounds like the RZ4 has a lot of fans.

The Niteflux website does not have any photos of the RZ8 up yet, only of the RZ4.

I did find a photo of the RZ8 on this site here: http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=61431

Does anyone know what the emitters are?

I saw one reference to the RZ4 using XP-Gs. Does that mean XP-Gs that are real red emitters, or just white-light emitters with a red filter on top?

I have seen native red XP-Es--the Zebralight red lights use them--but I don't think I have ever seen native red XP-Gs.

I wonder if there will be red XMLs, too.

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Today, 3/4/13 I received 2 of the Red Zone 4/8 models. BEWARE!! The product form is nothing like the original Red Zone 4 models. I have sent an e-mail to niteflux.com expressing my dismay at the deceptive advertising. Again, if you are looking to get a product in anyway similar to the pictures on the Niteflux website you will be very disappointed.
Larry.

Hi Larry
I know that the Red Zone 8 is a very different light from the Red Zone 4.
Instead of a rectangular light the have gone to a tube shape with the emitters in the ends.
I have seen the pics that Niteflux has sent to me since i've been in the list of backorders.
One thing that they advertised is that they have double the power from 200lux to 400lux.
Are you happy with the output?
The machining?
The battery runtime?
Thanks
Apostolis

BrianMc

Enlightened
The preorder page: http://niteflux.com picture of new format.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz5Mkah4QZY

The Hotshot is a superior narrow long distance flame-thrower of a flashy. I paired one with a Red Zone 4 on the seat post and a Planet Bike Turbo on the helmet. Getting a light with this side output at helmet height and over the tops of many vehicles may be the ticket for some. There is another video showing output but there is nothing like a ride away video. The RedZone 8 is close to the weight of a RedZone 4, 3/4 the weight of two Radbot 1000s or PB Turbos with NiMH cells and much higher output.

Looks like a replacement for the old dying RedZone 4.

BrianMc

Latest posts