No love for the Surefire T1A Titan?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
LAPoliceGear shows the T1A in-stock! If interested you could contact them prior to placing an order to confirm the lights status.

Retinator

Enlightened
That's sad to hear. I have the 90 lumen model, love it.

The lowest mode is great for night trips to bathroom.

As for the floody complaints, that's what I love, very smooth beam quality.
Maybe any discounting might create a wave of Titan lovers?
Smaller and more elegant than Streamlight's PT-1L, love it too, but not as much :)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one and a backup. If they are to be discontinued too bad. They are great lights.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
The best thread on this light is definitely the one started by Sean.
[URL="http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?230576-Surefire-Titan-T1A-Pics-amp-Info"][URL="http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?230576-Surefire-Titan-T1A-Pics-amp-Info"]Surefire Titan T1A Pics & Info[/URL][/URL]
This is the other good thread I think:
[URL="http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?337383-Surefire-T1A-Titan-still-worth-it"]Surefire T1A Titan still worth it?[/URL]

My T1A is very nearly my least-used light. Three changes would make it one of my most-used lights:
  • A true neutral tint rather than the pronounced bluish of the first generation ones.
  • Knurling
  • A clickie tailcap, making it functionally a mini-U2
Oh well, a person can dream I guess ... :candle:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best thread on this light is definitely the one started by Sean.
Surefire Titan T1A Pics & Info
This is the other good thread I think:
Surefire T1A Titan still worth it?

My T1A is very nearly my least-used light. Three changes would make it one of my most-used lights:
  • A true neutral tint rather than the pronounced bluish of the first generation ones.
  • Knurling
  • A clickie tailcap, making it functionally a mini-U2
Oh well, a person can dream I guess ... :candle:

... And there are guys who excepts it "just the way it is". ..... :grin2:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
... And there are guys who excepts it "just the way it is". ..... :grin2:

That is so true! My last camping trip I had mine mated with a Surefire bottle opener on a neck lanyard. It was the perfect camp light!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine although I hardly use it on a daily basis. Lets just say that I have many more lights that I go for when I needed a light, but the T1A is definitely something I find it hard to part with if I should decide to let go some of my lights. I still play with it occasionally and marvel at the smooth transition from the lowest low to max but what I really disliked is the lack of tail stand capability and the bluish tint.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire Titan T1A is discontinued as stated earlier by bluebonnet. Does Surefire consider it to be end of life and no longer support it?
I believe it will be a case of parts availability. I am sure they still have plenty of parts left to last a few years. After that it should be on a case by case basis. If it is something serviceable they would, and if changing of parts is required considering that it is no longer in production, they might offer you a replacement of another model with a similar price range. I am just guessing based on what many reputable companies are doing.