No more nitecore for me.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
never thought Id say this but Im gonna throw down for the new gen Nitecores (2015). My MH20 has been the best Nitecore I have used or had. Its perfect from end to stubby end and output claims seem to be dead on and I love the switch. It made my P12 obsolete. Im hoping for revamped SRTs and for this new school seeming QC continue from them

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nevur mind ... Off topic.

Pops

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats for the chargers I take it? The cords that came with my i4 and d4 were fine. Shrink wrap? Man Nitecore has really hosed a lot of people

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked. Both ends. Our cable is a very well made cable. This is the type of cable you buy by the case and throw into the box along with the charger.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, they're Chinese, they're used to cheap.

I priced a similar cable set used by Nitecore on Alababa. Can't say 100% sure, but they were less than 30 cents each purchasing 10,000 or more.

The cable I linked to is a well made fine strand copper fully molded. I've got atleast 8 devises that all use the same cable. I like them due to construction as well as length (6 footers).

Having extra power cables are like having extra BNC cables, you never have too many.

100eyes

Newly Enlightened
I abandoned Nitecore when my old EA4 had the swelling button issue. Nitecore thought I should pay all shipping to have the light fixed, so to the dump it went.

Recently after receiving a faulty Olight M3XS and terrible customer service from Going Gear, I'm questioning getting further into this hobby at all.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
never thought Id say this but Im gonna throw down for the new gen Nitecores (2015). My MH20 has been the best Nitecore I have used or had. Its perfect from end to stubby end and output claims seem to be dead on and I love the switch. It made my P12 obsolete. Im hoping for revamped SRTs and for this new school seeming QC continue from them

Don't do it.

They are the same company they have always been.

Their QC is no different. Save youself some time and money.

Get a Fenix.

JoeSW

Newly Enlightened
This is disconcerting. I'm using an MH20 as my EDC and a TM16 and tube light are on their way. I'm hoping I'll have better luck than some of you guys.....

snoop75

Newly Enlightened
Concerning indeed. After a couple of years of not buying lights I finally convinced myself to purchase the MH20 yesterday, only to read this thread today. I've been using Fenix, SWM & Convoy (budget light) without any problems over the last few years.

Here's hoping for no issues with the MH20.

Bugger!!!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well my P20UV is working just fine after nearly a year on the job. The power cable that came with my charger is also of good quality. I would wonder if some of the poor quality cables people received were the result of someone in the supply chain deciding they wanted to swap out their old crappy cable.

markr6

Flashaholic
I guess it's a mix of luck, QC and maybe even the specific model you buy.

I'm sure there are people that bought one of the BMWs that caught fire awhile back. They probably have it in their mind that BMW sucks and will never buy another.

blackwatch

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been on the forum in awhile, but came back because my Nitecore DX10 seems to be failing. It blows through batteries in what feels like seconds. I was going to try cleaning it all up (it's not really dirty or beatup), but maybe it's dying instead

Now the question is - what to get next (oh, a terrible question to have)? I'll go read a bunch of threads. Sorry to hear the brand isn't terribly reliable.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only one I'd chance, just because I like ATR, is the MH20.
P12 with charger and battery is on sale for less then last year's pd35, still wouldn't touch it.

Forrest, ironic you said that to CC74, he's already a Fenix fan, amongst others ☺

Another I won't touch is Thrunight or however it's spelled. Too many instances of Turbo getting flaky across their line up.
One light had production halted completely as others have had similar issues as seen on these forums.
Just a bit too common IMO.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only Nitecore product I've had fail on me was an i4 charger.

I EDC a Nitecore Tube and have a P25 sitting next to me as I type this. I keep nitecore stuff handy.

Last edited:

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Concerning indeed. After a couple of years of not buying lights I finally convinced myself to purchase the MH20 yesterday, only to read this thread today. I've been using Fenix, SWM & Convoy (budget light) without any problems over the last few years.

Bugger!!!
I too just ordered an mh20.From all the initial reviews this flashlight seems to be a well built nitecore.Although dont know how it will cope up in future.Just hoping it will be a game changing one
from nitecore.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bugger!!!

From reading hundreds of Amazon reviews, pretty much, one can expect 15%-20% (one/two stars combined) negatives for most products. Unfortunately, stuff happens.