No NexTorch Love?

JNieporte

Enlightened
Why doesn't anybody talk about the NexTorch brand much? I know they're a budget brand (more or less) but so are ITP, Romisen, etc. and they get chatter. I have three of their lights and they're a fair product for the money. Apart from a few MyTorch reviews, I haven't seen much about this brand. I use their 18650s rated at 2200mAh (3.7 volt) and while I haven't used them long (maybe a month) I'm pleased. As a matter of fact, none of their accessories has let me down. Why no attention on this brand?

(No, I'm not affiliated with NexTorch, nor am I a dealer. Just curious.)

Last edited:

robostudent5000

Enlightened
try the budget lights sub forum.

i wouldn't call iTP a budget brand. they make some affordable lights, but so do Jetbeam and Fenix.

JNieporte

Enlightened
...i wouldn't call iTP a budget brand. they make some affordable lights, but so do Jetbeam and Fenix.

I meant no malicious intent. I own lights from all of those companies. The ITP lights are (to my understanding) Olight's budget brand, and my new JetBeam BC10 (and an on-the-way BC40) are from the JetBeam budget line. Anyway, to me, a "budget light" is something worth the <$40 cost.

Last edited:

robostudent5000

Enlightened
I meant no malicious intent. I own lights from all of those companies. The ITP lights are (to my understanding) Olight's budget brand, and my new JetBeam BC10 is from their budget line. Anyway, to me, a "budget light" is something worth the <$40 cost.

didn't mean to make it sound like you did.

robostudent5000

Enlightened
Good, now I don't have to stab you :::kidding:::
But seriously, I'm wondering why NexTorch isn't mentioned more often (even in the Budget Lights sub-forum).

maybe it's because they make mostly xenon lights and use older LEDs for their LED lights (looks like the MyTorch is the only light in their lineup that uses an up to date emitter). and also because, after looking around a little more, i don't think they're a budget brand either. i saw some of their stuff on DX and thought they were another cheapo brand, but their new stuff is just as expensive as the well loved brands. it says on their website that they make lights for the Chinese national police, so maybe that makes them the Chinese equivalent of Pelican lights. Pelican makes bomber xenon and old tech LED lights mostly for law enforcement use and don't get much love on CPF LED lights forum either.

Last edited:

Viper715

Enlightened
I was excited when I first heard about the MyTorch but was quickly disappointed! They have a low freq PWM that I hate. Also the best feature is the programability but it doesn't go near far enough. The low isn't programable to real lows. You have to have a cycle interface instead of being able to provide shortcuts. I think if someone hacked it and uploaded some new code to fix the issues it could be a good light.

tam17

Enlightened
I had only one encounter with this brand in a local brick-and-mortar store and I was disappointed, although their tactical flashlights are advertised here as a good choice for hunting. I don't know whether all of their lights are as flimsy and poorly made as their K1.

In that price range I'd rather stick with Fenix and budget Jetbeam series.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the brand and use my little K1 often.

Cybastar6-1.jpg

Nextorch is far left.

No idea why the above poster has a poorly made K1 mine is fine and compares with any other AAA I have.

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
No idea why the above poster has a poorly made K1 mine is fine and compares with any other AAA I have.

I don't have K1, I just examined it in the store. What I've noticed is excessive thread play, bad finish and overall "cheap" feel. For me it's a screaming no-no. I passed in favour of Fenix E01, which is well made and realistically priced.

Cheers

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have K1, I just examined it in the store. What I've noticed is excessive thread play, bad finish and overall "cheap" feel. For me it's a screaming no-no. I passed in favour of Fenix E01, which is well made and realistically priced.

Cheers

You must have picked up a Friday Night Special mine suffers from none of your found problems and is a classy looking light well made and often used by me,the EO1 is bomb proof and I myself favour the EO5 because of the nicer beam.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one on the way finally. I've been looking at this brand for nearly a year and found an older model that looked decent.

I see Nextorch all over the internet but it seems overlooked here.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a love hate relationship with nextorch, find a model I want and it's discontinued. Find another one I want to try, out of stock everywhere. Think I see it available months later, go to order it and it's not the one I wanted. It looked the same, buttons in the same spot but the part number was just different enough that my mild dyslexia didn't catch on. Went back and read the description when it arrived and realized it was my fault. 🤦🏻‍♂️
So I gifted it and don't currently own one 👍

For those buying them, let me know how you like the ui, if it's decent I may look into them again some day :)

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I got the T9 with four spare bulbs. That is a 3 cell CR123 xenon light much in the manner of a Surefire 9P or Streamlight TL3. It fits in the same holsters and has similiar switch. It seems like it has a decent white beam that was brighter than my 9P but I only had one set of partially used batteries to test it with. I would prefer it had a clicky but not many lights seemed to do that back in the day. Build quality seemed ok. Now to try and find a better looking Z9.

It seems a few of these are for sale in Europe at the moment, NOS obviously.