Noctigon m43 question

Naxos

Newly Enlightened
I just recently received this and love it. I've noticed after sitting for a bit a single led is lit very dimly. Is this normal? I've searched the manual and online and can't find any info. Just wondering if it is a feature I'm missing or if something else is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's weird.

Remove batteries, disconnect tail cap, tighten screws, clean contact points on body, tailcap. Q tips and clean the driver ring under the head.

See if its better

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Naxos

Newly Enlightened
I throughly cleaned it when I received the light but I will go through it again tomorrow. Seems to only happen after sitting for a while.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a voltmeter to it and see if it's the only on receiving power. Could be a driver issue.

Naxos

Newly Enlightened
Went through it again last night and everything looks clean and tight. This is what I woke up to today.

0f4cbaa03249a8c4da965b6965e2e691.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Failing the suggested, could send to vinh for one of his drivers. Program pretty much to how you like, just a thought

Awesome light by the way

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went through it again last night and everything looks clean and tight. This is what I woke up to today.

0f4cbaa03249a8c4da965b6965e2e691.jpg

What emitters are they?

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
And when you turn it on, no problem? Can you open the bezel, remove the lenses and take a look at the emitter?

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think all the emitters are in parallel so maybe this one emitter is more susceptible to parasitic drain? It would be interesting to get a voltmeter and a test the emitter.

If it were mine, I would reflow the emitters and sse if moving the emitter to another area fixes or the dim light stays on a new emitter

Naxos

Newly Enlightened
Works fine if you turn it on. When you turn it off all the emitters are off like normal. This one emitter comes back on, on it's own after sitting for 6+ hours. Seems to stay on indefinitely as it was sitting in my safe for over a week and when I came home from being out out of town it was on. This is what started me looking at it closer.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read that ESD can cause LEDs to do this. It's possible that it suffered ESD damage.

Naxos

Newly Enlightened
Do you think it's the emitter or the driver? The bezel is glued so I can't get a volt meter on it. I've seen it come on and it is momentarily bright than settles down to barely on.