Novatac 85P lux readings

arty

Enlightened
Anyone take lux readings of their 85P? I have and they don't seem to agree with what I have read about the 120P.
One review I read measured high at about 1300 Lux and the other had it at about 2500 lux. I measured my 85P at about 1450 or so on max.
What gives?
Meters can vary, but so can lights.
Any measurements out there?

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, no Novatac here, but I do own a couple of HDS EDC lights which are similar enough that I think my observations are useful.

I recall my B42 is around 1100 lux at one meter. It is not as tightly focused as I think it could be. I suspect it has a "joker" emitter in a non-joker-optimized reflector.

I have a U60GT which is, in my not so humble opinion, extremely bright. I've affectionately referred to it as a U85, even though it isn't really. It is over 2000 lux at one meter. I had a photo of my lux meter test of this particular light buried somewhere in the old HDS forum.

Both of these lights are stock. I have not modified the emitters, reflectors, or UCL lenses of either light in any way.

I'd expect a U85 to give around 2000 lux or so. 1450 sounds low to me, but perhaps your lux meter reads a little low?

edit: Here's an interesting read: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=133819

Last edited:

arty

Enlightened
I thought that my original post didn't work.
I wondered about meters, but the one I have is pretty new, and reads higher than an older one. I don't know how to go about calibrating the meter.

My meter gives cp readings that agree with the postings of cp readings for lights on the Peak website.

I was curious about what to expect, since readings at review sites for the 120P range from about 1300 lux to 2500 lux.
What do people get from their 120Ps?