NOW SELLING - The LionHeart

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as the Clif Note Jones AKA Raggie fund payment goes, my original intention was to see if enough people were willing to pitch in a couple bucks extra each to get the cost down to around the $150.00 mark for him so he wouldn't have to drop out. It's up to Charlie how he wants to take the payments and how he wants to figure out what Raggie will owe in the end.
I would think just noting on your PayPal that there's Raggie money in addition to your payment will work but I'll defer to the Man-in-charge.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 55 people on the Raggie Scholarship fund. if we divide the 233 by the 55 then each person owes 4.25 (give or take a couple...I rounded up) per person.

Why don't we see what Raggie is willing to come up with and we foot the rest? How is that? If he can only come up with $150, then we pay the difference etc like what fitz suggested. If he can come up with less then so be it we fill the difference still.

Just my thoughts and basically a re-iteration of what Fitz already stated.

Thanks.

Curtis

javafool

Enlightened
Maybe we could set a figure, say $4 or $5 or even a kind of it is up to you amount. That $$ would be added to the payment for the Raggie fund. Charlie and Raggie are the ONLY ones, in my opinion, that really need to know what Raggie feels he can afford. I don't even want to know. The difference.. .. .. to the HAT for all the wonderful things they are doing for us.

That is just my suggestion and knowing Charlie, he probably already has an even better idea in mind. Whatever you decide Charlie will be good by me.

java

raggie33

*the raggedier*
every month or so i can come up like with 30 or so that is why raly i dont deserve the lh to i find more better income. ya all realy should keep ya money and use it as extra batts for ya lh.s or something ,as i said above im very very happy just reading about it but it will be cooler when people start to revice there lights that my fav part well i like it all lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif only person i have to blame for my finacal sitiation is my self.ive been so bleesed from you all already. it always toches my heart all the kind stuffpeople do for me. but i dont realy deserve it.but this is one alsume light it is fun beingg part of this comunty seeing are awesume mooders and builders lead the way in lighting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, I'm sorry if any of this is uncomfortable for you, it would be for me if I were in your place. All of us who are on the list are doing this because we like you and want you to have a LionHeart.

I like how Javafool put it. If everybody just gives what they want to give, it will all be covered. I assure you it will all be covered.

Now let's not discuss the math and spare Raggie some discomfort, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Britt

mst3k

Enlightened
Or we each throw in 10 bux each. Raggie is covered and the Hat team has enough left over for a well deserved dinner treat from all of us! Yeah!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
but i dont think i deserve it.ya all do so much for me already. im happy just to see beam shots charlie posted some at top a thread man is cool stuff. i thank ya all so much for all ya have done for me.im going to play lottoo when i get payed.i seldem play but every once in a while i buy to qucik pick tickets.. by the way everyone check out the secret features there very very cool .

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
im now officially opening the "4X4Dragon Fund" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yeah right! this light is just a little outta my league, i guess. im drooling now, but i just didn't pay it the attention it deserved at first, as im behind on times with the flashlight mods. around the time everyone was gearing up for the VIP(another one i fell behind on) i think i was probably trying to save up for something like an Everled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

heck, im just now getting a Luxeon upgrade for my SF E1e, a PR-T(yeah, i know, old news)! the PR-T will just have to hold me over, im sure it will as im shaking in my boots to get it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Anyways, Raggie, you must be some kinda person to get all this attention. therefore, even though i can't afford the LH myself, i would like to contribute some $ to your fund as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif where do i paypal to? anyone?

man this light makes you feel like you're not a true flashaholic for NOT getting one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey raggie,

no need for lotto, we got you covered....end of story....no need to worry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
but i dont think i deserve it.ya all do so much for me already. im happy just to see beam shots charlie posted some at top a thread man is cool stuff. i thank ya all so much for all ya have done for me.im going to play lottoo when i get payed.i seldem play but every once in a while i buy to qucik pick tickets.. by the way everyone check out the secret features there very very cool .

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's your avatar! the durn penguin is just sooo cute! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

geez!!! you've put in over 3000 posts in 1 year!!! i remember when you made your first few posts, ......i think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

rfdancer

Newly Enlightened
Re: The LionHeart LIVES!!!

Many people have expressed a real need for some type of attachment point for this light. The LionHeart is small, expensive and easy to loose and many consider the lanyard attachment point to be a very necessary part of the light.

You've been asked about 10 or 15 times in this thread about what the attachment point for this light is going to be but
you haven't answered that question yet and I really think you should.

I know that I need some kind of lanyard attachment point to make sure this light doesn't leave my posession.

Please address this issue for us.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Raggie, do what you can afford without pushing anything we got you covered cuz we love you man plain and simple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
MikeF said:
Charlie, any response to my earlier post?

I have a thought for the un-disclosed super special feature:
A battery strength meter that shows battery strenght/state of charge by blinking a code sequence, such as:

5 flashes for 100-80% charge remaining
4 flashes for 79-60% charge remaining
3 flashes for 59-40% charge remaining
2 flashes for 39-20% charge remaining
1 flash for CHARGE ME NOW PLEASE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

MikeF,

There will be no design by committee, I apologize. The light is the way it is. Fitting any kind of "meter" or other sugggestions entails more than you probably realize, both in cost and time.

Everyone wants a light made to Their exact desires (hey, who wouldn't?), and backs that up with words such as "Many people have expressed" and "You've been asked about 10 or 15 times" (see rfdancer's post above).

Strong words. Makes me kinda feel like I'm being treated as though I took everyone's money for months already and have not responded to any queries. At least it seems rfdancer holds that kind of emotion towards me.

Ten or fifteen out of 400-500 is not "many", and I would be catering to the minority. As Mr. Spock said, "The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few".

And so it shall be. I am not a SureFire or Maglite. The way the LionHeart is right now, is the best I can do.

There is still the possibility of a pocket clip, but it may have to become available later as a retrofit kit. If this does not suit you, kindly remove your name off the list.

Curtis, if you Don't hold the button in when installing the battery, it simply remains the way it was when you last used it. It has permanent "flash memory", or firmware.

Ninj, I am thinking to accommodate only the first 200 units, but then again it's only another 50-60% more to accommodate Everyone on List 1. We'll see, I'm still making calls and crunching numbers.

As for the Raggie Fund I am fine with dividing $233 by the total number of listed contributors. As cue003 posted, it should really only be a few bucks each then. Any overage (although there should not be any) would/could be contributed to CPF, how's that?

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for the Raggie fund

Official Raggie Funders: +1 more
1) Fitz
2) Indenial
3) bindibadgi
4) bwaites
5) bajaiman
6) Reno
7) Wolfen
8) MR Bulk
9) BC0311 (entered by MR Bulk, he's good for it)
10) cue003
11) rick258
12) ksbman
13) Glow_Worm
14) Bullzeyebill
15) JonSidneyB
16) JimH
17) flashlight
18) keithhr
19) Topper
20) javafool
21) jook
22) arewethereyetdad
23) Rudi
24) marcspar
25) jdriller
26) Brightnorm
27) Prescottrecorder
28) PeterB
29) naromtap
30) mst3k
31) FrenchyLed
32) rp42995
33) rfdancer
34) jtivat
35) rdf
36) Clint
37) Takifugu
38) J_Oei
39) avusblue
40) BeagleLight
41) Tweek
42) Photon555
43) jdb2
44) spica
45) dano
46) MikeF
47) Halibut
48) garsea
49) Likebright
50) Hallis
51) Neg2LED
52) gregw
53) alanhuth
54) Cones
55) Wasabe64
56) Pi_is_blue

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
The light is the way it is.... I am thinking to accommodate only the first 200 units

[/ QUOTE ]

The light sounds AWESOME just the way it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And I hope that EVERYBODY on list one gets a light (especially since I'm way up at around 240ish)

hey folks, let's not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif the Master

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened

Count me in on the Raggie fund also:

Official Raggie Funders:
1) Fitz
2) Indenial
3) bindibadgi
4) bwaites
5) bajaiman
6) Reno
7) Wolfen
8) MR Bulk
9) BC0311 (entered by MR Bulk, he's good for it)
10) cue003
11) rick258
12) ksbman
13) Glow_Worm
14) Bullzeyebill
15) JonSidneyB
16) JimH
17) flashlight
18) keithhr
19) Topper
20) javafool
21) jook