NOW SHIPPING -- W3V McModules ! ! !

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
* 7-13-03 -- Nearly all W3V McModules have been tested and potted and the first ones will ship Monday, July 14, 2003; Thank You all for your patience...

* 7-12-03 -- All built, see latest post...

*The Build has commenced, contructing one or two here and there in between the jet skiing, horseback riding, ATV'ing, Luau'ing, drinking, sushi'ing, and all the other touristy stuff we been a-doin' (for picture proof, see post #471 of this thread)...

*Got all the parts in, and although I am entertaining a certain very important guest and his family who are in town right now, I did find time to trial-produce a couple of the McModules tonight -- see latest post near the end.

*Don has kindly acquiesced and allowed me to name this mod, so it is now officially called the -- McModule...

Those premium W3-binned Lambertians are finally here!

Naturally a little proof is in order:

fbfa5baa.jpg

fbfa5ba8.jpg

I've been bursting at the seams to share the good news as I am so overwhelmingly excited about this, and having just hit the big five-oh last year (hey, Hawaii 5-0!), nothing much excites me any more.

However, I must now respectfully request that you kindly not contact me regarding these emitters.

You see, I had originally planned to use them in a huge 50-unit run of the absolutely brightest El Primo Space Needles ever, but thankfully common sense (as well as a much smaller-format 5W mod run being developed as I write this) has prevailed, so I am just showin'em off for the moment... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Other than a little proprietary built-in resistance, I have maintained all along that what really distinguishes my mods from the others is simply the quality of the Luxeons themselves. Quality that I am not ashamed to prostitute myself through hook, crook, line, sinker, and cold hard cash to obtain.

And they're finally here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
Re: W3V Bin Code 5W\'s !!!

I almost forgot,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

-YC

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

"... a much smaller-format 5W mod run being developed while I write... "

PayPal loaded. Yain't gotta say nuthin' else. I sure fire ain't missin' out on this one.

kuala-lumpur.jpg

<font color="blue"> What is that needle like building in the "Garden City of Lights" anyway? </font>

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

I found Mr Bulks first post a little worrying

(<font color="red">The initial post was quickly removed and a new photo taken after the package from Lumileds was "cleaned up" a little</font>)

Here is a copy of the original I dug out of my cache:

fbfa0cd4.jpg

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: W3V Bin Code 5W\'s !!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by x-ray

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good cache capture, x-ray.

Whether through hook, crook, line, sinker, or cold hard cache an agreement is an agreement.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
how good is a w3v bin code 5watt LS???

[/ QUOTE ]

Flux
U (average)87.4 to 113.6 lumens
V (good)113.6 to 147.7 lumens
W (jackpot!)147.7 to 192.0 lumens
X (you wish!)192.0 to 249.6 lumens

Tint (These remain the same for the 5W)
*It should be noted that these won't show as much discoloration as the 1 Watt LS's do.
1 (quite green)
2 (greensish)
3 (ok)
4 (bluesish)
5 (purplish)

Vf
R is 5.43v to 5.91v
S is 5.91v to 6.39v
T is 6.39v to 6.87v
U is 6.87v to 7.35v
V is 7.35v to 7.83v
W is 7.83v to 8.31v

<font color="blue">* Thanks to LEDmodMan for the above info </font>

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
rdeloviar353 said:
what host are these going in?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be a ..
censored.gif
.. sounds like an amazing combination.

<font color="black">Post Edited By
The Alien Consortium /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif</font>

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

x-ray -

I'm sure the Alien Consortium is pleased with your continued support and compliance.

Remember "Resistors are futile".

OddOne

Enlightened

Okay, I want... Gimme! (Need a couple decent 5-watters for some pending projects.)

oO

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congratulations on the big SCORE, Charlie!!!

Now 'fess up, what's this new host?

We're dying of curiousity here, we need to know.

PayPal sent,
Pat