Old school Surefire 6 identification needed

whfutrell

Newly Enlightened
I have one I'm having issues identifying... It came in a Surefire 6 plastic case....it is not a Surefire 6, it looks like one but has a tailcap on it. It also has a ceramic lamp assembly. Inside the plastic case is a leather belt keeper. I know this is one of the original surefires 6s' made, just not sure of the model..... HELP!!!! PM me for pics.... I still can't seem to outsmart these 3rd party hosting sites!!!!

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one I'm having issues identifying... It came in a Surefire 6 plastic case....it is not a Surefire 6, it looks like one but has a tailcap on it. It also has a ceramic lamp assembly. Inside the plastic case is a leather belt keeper. I know this is one of the original surefires 6s' made, just not sure of the model..... HELP!!!! PM me for pics.... I still can't seem to outsmart these 3rd party hosting sites!!!!

Just posting to help a fellow member whfutrell I am sure he will chime in soon.

WP_20130531_004_zps96b8e513.jpg

WP_20130531_003_zpsb2fb9589.jpg

WP_20130531_002_zps33c56c00.jpg

WP_20130531_001_zpsca9d092c.jpg

:wave:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Bill are you sure it is not just a plastic lamp assembly as the early Surefire 6 lights came out with plastic in 1989 and looked just like this light except for the ceramic lamp.

Check post #20 http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ndescent-lamp-assembly-made-for-Surefire-6-6C

cheers

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just verified that it is a plastic lamp assembly...

We did it than identified Surefire 6 from around 1989 :twothumbs

I was thinking it could of been an early custom ceramic drop in for a while than. Now we know it was the early plastic. Job done.
Cool light in any case :thumbsup:

cheers

SG688

Newly Enlightened
Like I said in the other thread. I don't get around here much any more. What are the odds?
Mine didn't have the leather strap, which looks like a regular two-snap belt keeper. What's up with that? I'm guessing that two DL123's are supposed to be in that slot. Re-posting from the other thread.

surefire6p6lflasf6box19.jpg

surefire6partsordering1.png

surefire6p6lflainst1989.jpg