Question On Vintage Surefire Forend

graymanco

Newly Enlightened
Good evening all! I came across an interesting item the other day and when it was offered to me as possibly for sale I jumped on it. Lights are not really my space and from looking around on various sites for something comparable I have come up short, and I have not been able to find an exact match. I know there is a large collectors market for vintage surefire stuff and was told by a friend to make an account here and ask for help so here I am. What I got is a Surefire 623FA forend for the Mossberg 500/590 with the original box complete with the manual and even the original purchase receipt, the only cosmetic issue is the scratch pictured on the bezel. So I guess my question is what is the value of this, and also what is the rarity? I have attached some pictures to help.

I really appreciate any insight you can help me with!

IMG_6628.jpegIMG_6630.jpegIMG_6631.jpegIMG_6632.jpegIMG_6634.jpegIMG_6633.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    925.8 KB · Views: 32

graymanco

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I will have to keep an eye out on there, after my last eBay experience I won't be selling on there ever again though!

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey @graymanco welcome to CPF!

I've done a little bit of wheeling and dealing on the Remington 870 version of this item (Model 618/618FA/etc). I had an older Laser Products one and a newer one like yours. I would suggest searching for "Surefire 870" and you'll get more hits on forend lights to compare prices. There's a couple sales threads on here that contain them. There's not too much variance between the Mossberg and Remington versions so looking for the Remington 870 one might give you a bigger pool of price ranges and conditions to compare.

Good luck!

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I will have to keep an eye out on there, after my last eBay experience I won't be selling on there ever again though!
eBay charges approximately 14% on total sale, that includes shipping fee that comes out of your pocket.
If you buy a month (or yearly) subscription here on CPF there is no extra fees. Just don't expect to get the large audience or top dollar as you might on eB

graymanco

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I can't even really find comparables, as there is no history of the exact model selling, there was one that went for $599 but it had an LED head…..it came in today and it is better than I thought. You know that little voice in the back of your head saying, well you could just pickup another 500. Ha! But alas, when I am more fresh tomorrow I will go ahead and sign up for the paid subscription,

Attachments

• IMG_6735.jpeg
    IMG_6735.jpeg
    526.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6741.jpeg
    IMG_6741.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6827.jpeg
    IMG_6827.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6828.jpeg
    IMG_6828.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to eBay several of these have sold the last three years in the $200-300 range. You need to use their search tool rather than just the completed auctions that only go back a few months.