2C or 2D with twist on/off switch on rear (seen on Rat Patrol)

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Never seen a twist switch on the rear. Not a push button. The British Sgt character used this light, so its probably a 1960's light unless someone in props did a really good job. Not an angle head.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost any tailcap can work as a twist switch. Not to mention some surefires use twist tail switches, but they also have a button there too but not a clicky one.
If you are talking about a movie, than it is up to director/writer preference, anything goes, even bullets that fly in circles.

Flynn's Arcade

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the prop department had any of the BrightStar switch less lights from the 1940's war production years?

Vintage light collector and website. I like and use this site frequently.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
So they did exist! The examples on that site go up to the 1940's. The one in the show was metallic with I think some black pinstriping from front to back. Wonder when they stopped making them.

alpg88 - I don't think they wrote any business for handling the flashlight, they just wanted a closeup of a tattoo on a dead guy. And the 1960's were about 30 years before the clicky was invented. I'm not sure that vintage C/D lights can be "locked out" by partially unscrewing the tail - not without risking it falling off.