Olight 14500

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
Anybody else have a problem with their Olight 14500 cells being too long? I just got four in the mail charged them up, and I only have one light a Xenocube that they work in. I think that is actually a fluke because they don't work in my other Xenocube. My battery crushers can't close enough to activate. This is the first time I have deviated from AW. Starting to think I made a $20 mistake, not that big of a deal just curious if I'm alone in this.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
q8H1vOr.jpg

yeah they have the dubious distinction of not fitting in their very own S15 LOL

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
Wow that pic says it all. I should have stuck with AW, but with Lighthound closed now I need to find another reliable seller of authentic AW's

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Own Olight 14500 cell which came with S15R fit perfect in S15/S15R, Skilhunt DS15 and XTAR WK50

own batteries size (I use Mitutoyo CD15-APX digital caliper)

Keeppower 14500 800mAh, length: 51.7mm dia (thickest point): 14.5mm
Olight 750mAh, length: 51.9mm dia (thickest point): 14.4mm
Eneloop (HR-3UTGB, min. 1900mAh): length: 50.1mm, dia 14.1mm

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Around here, no one trusts any cell with a name of something like
xxxxfire.
Usually fake cells that when put to the test, fail, some fail worse then others and release their magic smoke and as a bonus volcanic spewing is included.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
...but with Lighthound closed now I need to find another reliable seller of authentic AW's

rtdvapor.com has a good reputation for selling AW. The unprotected AW 14500 650mAh I just bought is only 48.7mm long.

Last edited:

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
rtdvapor.com has a good reputation for selling AW. The unprotected AW 14500 650mAh I just bought is only 48.7mm long.

Thank you, just looked them up good prices too. couple of the places I would absolutely trust had very high price point. I'm not a cheapskate but $14 for one 14500 is just not worth it.

Anybody want these four Olight cells? Pay for shipping to house and they are yours. I would rather give them away then store them until I find a light that fits them.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case WarRaven decides to pass, please put me second in line. Shipping to California should be relatively easy.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
After ruminating on this yesterday, it occurred to me that gifting unneeded batteries to a reviewer such as HKJ or Selfbuilt is another possibility.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel stupid I didn't think to suggest they should have been given away by Doc.
I don't have any, saw the offer and asked first, my bad all.
If John-Paul has not mailed them already, that is an idea to consider.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I have both versions of the Xeno Cube. One unscrews in the middle of the body and in the other it unscrews from the tail cap, but I haven't tried Olight 14500 cells in them. Makes me wonder if they'd work now.

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
I have both versions of the Xeno Cube. One unscrews in the middle of the body and in the other it unscrews from the tail cap, but I haven't tried Olight 14500 cells in them. Makes me wonder if they'd work now.

Both Xenocubes I have unscrew at the tail cap, one worked but would not close to flush. The other did not play well with the Olight cell. It came on high and did nothing else no mode switches wouldn't turn off. Actually stayed on for a few seconds with the tail cap completely removed.