Olight and Olight’s Warrior Mini

Re: Olight and Olight's Mini

I dont think it is a short circuit, just a press

It is an electrical connection, this is how the remote switch works.

It is not a dead short, that won't turn on the light. The light is looking for one of two resistance values across the tail. One signals half-press, the other full press.

I once put down a bare strip of steel and stood a bunch of the tail-button Olights upright attached to the strip. I'd bump the shelf and a light or two would turn on. Sometimes one would turn on in the middle of the night. The crappy connection would get just the right resistance and on it would go. I've also set these lights down, magnet on a polished SS surface and had them turn on at random.

No, haven't had time to do measurements.

Update:
75601609678525382.jpg

Dear Customers,
We made a public statement about the Warrior Mini yesterday and we have seen many different views and opinions. A lot of people are happy and showing us great support. We are very pleased to hear this. Your satisfication is always the most important to us. Having such amazing support gives us courage and excitement for 2021 ! We firmly believe that we can and must do better.
We also saw other opinions. Some people feel that we are putting the blame on the customer. We apologize for this and it was never our intent. Our expression was inproper and we will be sure to be more careful in the future . It is only because of our fans' trust and support that Olight has been successful up to today ! Because of this support , we will continue to improve and create more and better products.
We are sincerely thankful for the suggestions we have gotten about design improvemnts. With help from these ideas we can promise that the next generation of Warrior Mini will meet your needs and make you happy !
The attention that the Warrior Mini has gotten has massively exceeded our expectations. Olight always tries to do everything we can for our customers by going above and beyond . We want to exceed your wildest flashlight dreams . As hard as we work to make this happen, we will not always live up to every expectation ! Thank you for standing beside us as we work through this together .
Best Regards,
Olight Team

Olight | 2270 NW Pkwy, Suite 180, Marietta, GA 30067
www.olightstore.com (770) 779-7156 Contact Us

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is an electrical connection, this is how the remote switch works.

It is not a dead short, that won't turn on the light. The light is looking for one of two resistance values across the tail. One signals half-press, the other full press.

I once put down a bare strip of steel and stood a bunch of the tail-button Olights upright attached to the strip. I'd bump the shelf and a light or two would turn on. Sometimes one would turn on in the middle of the night. The crappy connection would get just the right resistance and on it would go. I've also set these lights down, magnet on a polished SS surface and had them turn on at random.

No, haven't had time to do measurements.

thanks for sharing info

so, it sounds like you dont think the button is being activated in pocket by pressing, but rather by some sort of "crappy connection" that randomly turns the light on, even without something pressing on the button, but rather because something just touched the button and created some sort of connection.

I trust you know what youre talking about. To me, its the same, the button goes in pocket, and the light turns on due to something touching the button..

anyway, thanks for all the info.. sounds like there is a problem with the warrior mini tail button getting turned on in pocket.

Good to know Olight admits there is a problem and offers customers the option to return for refund.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to replicate this turning on wether in lockout mode or not, with keys, coins, foil and even a beaded chain that was used another video and mine doesn't turn on. Not saying it can't happen.

daffy

Enlightened
We all know these high powered lights burn things when left on, one of my FW3 has a really weak switch you can just about blow on it and it will turn on, i CBF swapping it out so its a shelf queen.
Olight have had this magnetic tail switch for sometime now this random start issue is not new.

nimdabew

Enlightened
I used to carry my Warrior Mini every day, but I went back to carrying my quark 3 instead. I had a pocket activation and it melted a hole through a sweatshirt that cannot be found anymore because the company is out of business. I was pissed, but not pissed enough to throw it across my house. It does nightstand duty and I carry something else from my inventory.

Unfortunately, that one incident caused me to sour on most Olight lights and I will be selling off most of my inventory. Back to pulling cells and throwing them on the charger I guess.

Senator

Newly Enlightened
I got an email from OLight last week, explaining that you had to go into their website to order the silicone caps. I did that last weekend. I can't recall if there was a predicted delivery date or not.

While I'm here though...I ended up emailing OLight for a bit more explanation of the problem, since I feel like the mass emails they sent out were kind of ambiguous. I got a quick response, but it bothers me:

"Our engineer informed us that because the capabilities of this product are too high, it may cause the lens to melt."

In my mind, this is a BIG difference from "if it accidentally turns on in your pocket, bad things will happen." The email I received sounds like they are telling me that even using my flashlight in "turbo" mode will melt the lens. I've emailed them back to ask for more clarification, I'm hoping it's just a miscommunication.

That said...if I can melt my light just by using it as a flashlight, I don't think I'll be keeping it. Hopefully I can "undo" my order for the end caps...

Sen

Senator

Newly Enlightened
id30209...is that an aftermarket emitter?

For the record, I heard back from OLight, another speedy response. I'm only quoting the response here so everyone can make their own assessment, it's not an attempt to poke fun or call out anyone. I think they are telling me that turbo mode won't melt anything during normal use:

"[FONT=&quot]We would like to let you know that we are not mention the highest mode could melt the lens."

I, for one, have been impressed with OLight, I own several of their lights, and they did service my Mini under warranty before this issue came to light.

Sen[/FONT]