Olight i3E EOS 6 Colors (Luxeon TX, 1xAAA) Review

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine works flawless, used it last night for the trip to the car in a dark restaurant car park. Sure chucks out alot of light. Looking in the head of the light, there are two chips right on the edge of the outer contact ring my bet is the batt tube is shorting on one of those chips and causing you issues. Lets be honest theres not a lot of room for tolerances in this thing, and for ever thousand they get right cap gets the one that dosnt !

markr6

Flashaholic
Those threads!!! And the size...I may have to try one. $9.99, free 2-day shipping with Prime. Why not.

Capolini

Banned
Mine works flawless, used it last night for the trip to the car in a dark restaurant car park. Sure chucks out alot of light. Looking in the head of the light, there are two chips right on the edge of the outer contact ring my bet is the batt tube is shorting on one of those chips and causing you issues. Lets be honest theres not a lot of room for tolerances in this thing, and for ever thousand they get right cap gets the one that dosnt !

That may be true! The strange thing is it took about 4 to 6 days before this started to happen.Now it is basically useless! It is just the law of averages,that is why it is important to have trust in the dealer! Illumns have NEVER failed me.:thumbsup:

It is a great little torch when it works!

Illumns is sending me another one.That one should work fine!

Capolini

Banned

I think he is on to something! Although it is too early to tell, I believe that[ outer chips] is my issue. One of my chips- [12 O'clock chip in his photo below][sorry no pics of mine] seems to be further on the edge than it should be,further and slightly outside the edge of the contact ring which probably did cause it to short out.

My light was completely tightened,,,,I loosened slightly and put pressure on the light, bending and pulling towards me w/ both my thumbs on either piece of the light! Somehow I did something[wore the edge of the chip a bit?!] and the last 20 or so activations have been successful!:laughing:

We will see what happens from here!
S-8.jpg

Bottom Right pic. on his review,,,,the 12 o'clock chip on mine is NOT inside the CONTACT RING like his is. Mine is on the outside border and slightly outside of the ring.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Thank you for the review! I plan on ordering one of these very soon...

1DaveN

Enlightened
Why does no one test lights with energizer ultimate lithium primaries but instead always insist on testing with alkalines?

I agree. And I was just wondering to myself how much money the world would save if quality lights didn't come with batteries that informed consumers won't use in them. This Olight is $10 so probably a lot of people will be reluctant to use an almost $2 L92 in it, but what about $40 or $50 lights that come with no-name alkalines?

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I do like the idea of a little keychain 'blaster' light with a single high output mode (even with a reduced runtime). I do not use my keychain light regularly as I have a primary EDC light on me that gets used as a first option - so having an extended runtime capability is not a major concern to me. The light on my keychain is my backup/reserve for the most part. It's nice to know that you can still have the option have get high illumination output from a tiny light residing on your keys. Right now I'm using a Fenix E05 (2013 version) which puts out 27 lumens.... It's not bad and I like it, but it's also not ideal either...

For the record I am not a huge fan of twisty lights that require two-handed operation and for you to cycle through multiple modes...

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I received mine today... This thing is a little keychain powerhouse of a light... I love how small it is - has to be one of the smallest AAA lights on the market (and I thought my Fenix E05 (2013 edition) was small (this Olight is smaller)...

At just $10, I think I will order two more of these... One to keep as a spare and one to gift to a friend...

bob4apple

Enlightened
I've had a red one for a few days now, and I like it a lot. The tint on mine is snow white. It's so tiny and light as a feather, so it won't add any noticeable weight to your keychain. I tried a 10440 battery, and it roared with that lion, but I could feel the heat in just 5 seconds, so I won't be doing that again. It is more than bright enough with an eneloop anyway.

Steve Curtis

Newly Enlightened
I've had a black and purple versions for the past few weeks and have been impressed. The guys I purchased from emailed me today to let me know the silver is now available for order.
Bravolight store on Amazon have them - or they did have some today.