Olight Olantern Music Review

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Okay guys and gals, I have now had the lantern for a couple days now and used it quite a bit. Here is my review. It shows up in the mail in the typical olight white boxing with the light, instruction manual and charging cord. I was rather surprised that Olight ditched the magnetic charging for this one, but you will see down below why this makes sense. It comes partially charged and Olight recommends that you unlock it (push and hold the rotating knob on top for 2 seconds) and then fully charge it. The charging with a USB C cord (which was included) takes about 4 hours, it has a red indicator light on the knob and it turns green when charged. Olight put a USB A and USB C ports on one side which functions as charging and a battery bank. I was able to continuously charge my phone and other battery packs with no major run down on the battery. The lantern has 2 colors for light temp. It has LED Edison style in the center creating a very warm LED light that reminds me of a candle. It also has a cool white ring above the Edison style lamp that puts out pretty bright white light. The white light is much brighter than the warm and in turn it burns down the battery faster. Now one of the other features is that this lantern is also a bluetooth speaker. The base of the lantern is a whole speaker with the battery packs inside. Olight states that you can pair up to 100 lanterns together to play music, I only bought one so I didnt use this feature. Bluetooth pairing was incredibly simple and all of the buttons to control the lantern are on the top. This includes a rotating knob to turn down the brightness of the lamp and change from warm to white in one single twist. It has volume up and down buttons on top, however I controlled the volume on my phone. All of the buttons are rubber covered and have a soft clicky texture to them. The buttons light up by any movement of the lantern. The speaker is powerful, which was surprising to me. I played some serious bass ridden music and it shook the table, which is quite a good sign. I found while reading the instructions that the lantern is IPX5 rated, which I believe is dust and spray. All and all, this is a wonderful purchase for parties or to take camping. I highly recommend it.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I also found another feature when I went to turn it off today, I found while in warm mode, I pushed the off button and it went into a flicker candle light type mode.