Olight R50 (XHP50, 26650, rechargeable) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
All olights previous lights are timed , like the instructions here show but looks like theyve changed production ? Selfbuilts graphs and lumen comparisons differ ?
Turbo steps to highish then stays there.
High stays high and does not step down for a longtime.
Actually prefer this test sample but who knows what youl end up with ?

maukka

Enlightened
The R50 is temperature regulated. That's why there are differences in runtimes and stepdown levels between reviewers and mfg specs.

ven

Flashaholic
Took these out before

I let it run in turbo, no timing(too busy enjoying the beam!) but i noticed no step down before my hand said "hey bro, gettin kinda hot here" . I could hold it further down the body but that is not the point, the head was getting toasty so i knocked it down a couple of levels to medium. Would say around 18oC outside, very misty too so he beam hit a wall much past 100m across the field.

Awesome light!!! really is

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
There's something wonky going on in the runtime graphs here. The 50 % times don't match the x-axis at all.
Yeah, the x-axis is off by a factor of 2. I will correct when back in my office next week.

On the issue of step-down levels and time, I have not tested different conditions. As mentioned in the review, my runtimes are all done under a cooling fan. If I get a chance to try without a fan, I will update the review. Not sure when I can get to this, though.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review!

Does anyone have a problem finding that flat power button quickly in the dark? Yes, there are two flats to feel for but why two when there is only one power button?

I still don't understand why Olight doesn't provide a beacon under the power button. Maybe because LEDs have a life limit of 50,000 hours which is 5.7 years?