Olight S Mini Cu CW and Ti NW review with measurements (XM-L2, CR123A/RCR123/16340)

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I wasn't in the jacuzzi I'd check my lights for those winning numbers. I had no idea there was even a contest!

wweiss

Enlightened
A more cogent review could not be made - thank you...
My TI performs exactly as described and is my EDC - if Olight made the SR2 in NW, that would be great.

blueridgeman

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for this excellent review. I just ordered the polished TI version from the Olight store.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
and I just ordered a copper one :)

Re: PWM/Flicker
maukka said:
PWM

The S Minis have (barely visible) PWM at 1500 Hz on moonlight mode only.
7kvnihn.png

maukka, if you get a chance, I would be curious to see the Flicker Snob Index for the Cu S Mini

like you shared for the S1 Mini:
maukka said:

thank you for all your time and info!
Merry Holidays

aih

Newly Enlightened
The original post is old, I know, but I also appreciate the great review very much. Just order the titanium version of (I think) this model and it is supposed to be delivered today.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my Copper S Mini today.
Photographable PWM/Constant Current Flicker:
24154878927_b5999fe782_b.jpg

38982909572_ee29fa792f_b.jpg

l-r 3000k N219c, 4000k N219b, 6000k XM-L2
38132538875_27d469f837_b.jpg

38303009444_a1ecb91736_b.jpg

Im amazed how small the S Mini is. The beam is very green in the middle.
Electronic Lockout causes moonlight to work when pressing the button, and turns off when releasing the button. a little weird.. but, Im entertained.

I love the copper host and am dreaming of marrying it to the High CRI TIR, switch w low battery indicator, and driver. Waiting for a post xmas sale on the High CRI for now.. since I have been carrying Nichias exclusively, the CW Cu S Mini has a ridiculously green beam by contrast, and makes my hand look like a zombie.. but Im loving playing with this little light saber, regardless of its foibles..

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Do you get the full 550 lumen output with a primary? If not what is top output with a primary?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I can't seem to get time mode to work. I put on moonlight it just stays on all day?

Is it turn on double click then hold on 3rd click or double click hold ing on second click? The latter just engages lock out mode. The former cycles through modes. Im baffled. Please help

maukka

Enlightened
On mine the shutdown timer works just like it's described in the manual. Tried on the S Mini Ti and the newer S1 Mini on low and moonlight.

Turn the light on, hold down the switch to get to the desired mode, double click and hold the 2nd click until the light blinks. One blink means 3 minute shutoff timer, two blinks 9 minute timer. To switch between short and long timers just double click and hold the 2nd click until the light does the blink.

recDNA

Flashaholic
No way to make the timer permanent right? It only works on that one occasion?