OMG Lumens EDC Project

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
any news ... pleeze :wave:

Well OK then. It has been difficult trying to know what the best thing to do is. I have limited resources so I have to have a very good plan going forward. The decision was made here just recently to put this on the back burner. The reason is the amount of time and money it will take to get this to the point I really want it to be in terms of operation and quality. I thought about going ahead and making it but deleting some features just so I could go ahead and get it on the market. I decided I would rather this be what I want it to be from the get-go. I have many products on the drawing board and the decision was made to move one of the others forward and put the BT on hold. This new product is completely unknown to CPF and will stay that way until I am real close to production. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. The BT will come sometime in the next ten years.:p

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well OK then. It has been difficult trying to know what the best thing to do is. I have limited resources so I have to have a very good plan going forward. The decision was made here just recently to put this on the back burner. The reason is the amount of time and money it will take to get this to the point I really want it to be in terms of operation and quality. I thought about going ahead and making it but deleting some features just so I could go ahead and get it on the market. I decided I would rather this be what I want it to be from the get-go. I have many products on the drawing board and the decision was made to move one of the others forward and put the BT on hold. This new product is completely unknown to CPF and will stay that way until I am real close to production. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. The BT will come sometime in the next ten years.:p

No problem Michael, as long as I'm the first one on that list :p

BMF

Enlightened
No problem Michael, as long as I'm the first one on that list :p

It's been almost a year now so nine more to go :twothumbs

Aircraft800, I think I'm the first one on the list :wave::party:

gollum

Enlightened
:mecry:

you sound like me with my custom knives :popcorn:

I agree there should be no compromise
I would rather wait for the best (custom made) product

10 years is a bit too much of a wait though:rolleyes:

we'll all be implanted with retinal bioelectric 3000 lumen multi wavelength emitters by then ;):twothumbs

oops did I let the cat out of the bag ... hope that wasn't the BT :poke:

hope the other project will be soon ... sounds interesting

put me on the list for that one too ...:D

Newly Enlightened
Stick to to your values.Thats why your solid,thats why I am still in.:twothumbs

Newly Enlightened
Gollum,Thanks for the pics of quality knives.Very beautiful,friend!

gollum

Enlightened

and ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984

+1 - very nice work indeed!

hey Thanks guys :thumbsup:...I will be posting more new work in a month or so
I am going on holidays and catching up on some orders after that

wquiles... Will it seem's you are a very busy and creative person

when I have more time I will check out more of your work :cool: thanks

back on topic ...

its now only 9.875 years ... any news ...:whistle:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
back on topic ...

its now only 9.875 years ... any news ...:whistle:
Sort of. In working on the development of the as yet unnamed project(publicly) I figured out a solution to one of the technical problems that was holding me back on the BT so thats news I guess. Still my time is focused on other projects at the moment.:poke:I do not plan to keep updating this thread until I come back and work on the project in earnest. Thanks for the continued interest.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Michael,

As long as the list is still valid, I'm still in!:thumbsup:

I would rather the BT be done right than done fast.

Do it right, do it well, do it once.

:thanks: for your efforts, Michael!

Edog006

Newly Enlightened
Agreed.... Sounds like to get the product just right waiting is better. Keep us apprised of all new activity be it the BT or your new "secret" project. I would like to be on that list as well! Good luck!

gollum

Enlightened
Thanks for the update ...
no problem with your Quote
"I do not plan to keep updating this thread until I come back and work on the project in earnest. Thanks for the continued interest." end quote

I am subscribed to this thread and depend on your updates here

I am very curious and will patiently wait for what will be a great custom light ...thats what we all want ...right everyone:twothumbs

cheers Jason

BMF

Enlightened
Just checking in to see what's new. The year of 2009 is almost over.

Happy Holidays!

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checking in to see what's new. The year of 2009 is almost over.

Happy Holidays!
Nothing more to report. Been hard at work on a revised and far cheaper DEFT called the DEFT-FTP. Just finished the first production version the other day and testing has commenced. All info pertaining to that though will be posted in a new thread.