OMG Lumens EDC Project

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be interested, I'd hate to put my name on the list though until you've got an approx $$ determined. While I'm OK with the McGizmo $5xx price range, the Spy $9xx is certainly out of my means. A rough estimate would be nice if at all possible. :rolleyes:
First off thank you for taking the list seriously. There are a lot of variables at this point so it is hard to say but I am shooting for $400-$500. Could be more could be less. :shrug: Will have to wait till I see exactly how much the machining and parts cost and see how long it takes to assemble these. Like I said a lot is up in the air at this point and it is still early in the design phase.

BenjiBot

Enlightened
There are a lot of variables at this point so it is hard to say but I am shooting for $400-$500. Could be more could be less. :shrug: Will have to wait till I see exactly how much the machining and parts cost and see how long it takes to assemble these. Like I said a lot is up in the air at this point and it is still early in the design phase.

If it gets close to your 1,000 lm estimate in a (relatively) small body then this sounds like a good deal, looking forward to what you come up with. Good luck with the R&D :thumbsup:

Kapak

Newly Enlightened
Well if you use that to gauge how many to produce, you can count me in! Just don't put too many options like the DEFT, it just makes me spend more to see all the options...

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested to see what thermal management you plan to utilize in a sub-compact size with 1000+ lumens output.
It will have a copper core to quickly spread heat over the whole surface of the body and will be heavily textured to increase surface area. The LEDs will be soldered down directly to the copper to keep die temps down and will employ a temp sensor to ramp the output down if it gets too hot.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if you use that to gauge how many to produce, you can count me in! Just don't put too many options like the DEFT, it just makes me spend more to see all the options...
I am not planing on having any options at this point. There will be accessories though.:nana:

dom

Enlightened
Your work on the DEFT looked fantastic -love the homemade optic.
Can you say what sort of switch you'll be using?

If its not a twisty and very easy to operate you can put me on the list as well please.

Cheers
Dom

Kapak

Newly Enlightened
Will the pill be replaceable like in the DEFT? It would be nice to have this light upgradable as well. Not necessarily have optional pills like with the DEFT, but just to have the possibility to remove the pill easily. Keeping that in mind, do you plan to make this light lego capable or mainly to be custom made by you?

I have many more questions, but I think I will keep them for myself since I want you to spend your time in making those DEFT's instead of posting :D

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your work on the DEFT looked fantastic -love the homemade optic.
Can you say what sort of switch you'll be using?

If its not a twisty and very easy to operate you can put me on the list as well please.

Cheers
Dom
I put you and the others on the list. It most definitely will not be a twisty. And I want it to be easy enough to operate that you could hand it to a non flashaholic and they could figure it out in a few seconds. There will not be any double clicking or holding the button down to change modes. Simple Simple Simple. There will be an OMG button though.:naughty:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the pill be replaceable like in the DEFT? It would be nice to have this light upgradable as well. Not necessarily have optional pills like with the DEFT, but just to have the possibility to remove the pill easily. Keeping that in mind, do you plan to make this light lego capable or mainly to be custom made by you?

I have many more questions, but I think I will keep them for myself since I want you to spend your time in making those DEFT's instead of posting :D
I have no plans to make it have replaceable pills as that feature would take up valuable space and add weight. These are critical considerations in a light this small. If you ever wanted it upgraded I would help you out. It also will not be lego capable. This is a new form factor kind of in the way you couldn't lego a 007.;)

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG people! You crack me up. You haven't even seen the light yet! Anyhow thanks for the support and this list will help me gauge the overall interest and help me see how many I need to produce. Thanks everyone and the list has been updated.

Yea, you people are nuts! You haven't seen the light yet, put me down for one :D

Latest posts