• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired One of a kind grail for sale: Timascus Tain THUD 18500. A piece of Tain history

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
You're looking at the very first Tain ever made in Timascus, and the only Thud that was offered.
The only verification I can include for this is the message to me from Tain pictured below. Last year I had asked Tain if he would ever make a light in Timascus, and he replied "no". A few months later as he was coming up with the newest Thud model, he emailed me and said he would make one for me (the only other one is his, he kept for himself). I absolutely love it, and am only selling to help fund a new business venture, otherwise I would never let it go.

It looks brand new in every way. It has only been carried in a leather slip sheath, never naked in the pocket. Never dropped or otherwise abused.

Price is $2500 firm, via paypal. No trades please.

Here are the specs of the basic Ti version, the only difference is that mine is Timascus instead of a Titanium body, all internals are the same.

Specs of Thud Ti 18500
- Ti-6Al-4V Titanium Shell
- AR Coated Glass Lens
- Brass Light Engine
- OP Reflector
- Driver L-M-H 3 Mode with Memory, 10ma-300ma-1000ma
- Operation: Click On, Click again off, Double click to change mode.
- Six(6) 3mm x 22mm tritium slots in the head
- Twelve(12) 1.5mm x 6mm tritium slots around the tail
- 1.5V~4.2V
- Battery: 1 x 18500 Li-ion Cell. ( 1 x 14500 Li-ion Cell with supplied adapter)
- Emitter Cree XP-L V6-4C NW

- Head Diameter: 30mm
- Cigar Grip: 31.5mm
- Length: 91mm

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed (4).jpgunnamed (5).jpg

Last edited:

egdima

Newly Enlightened
None of the attachments open for some reason "Invalid attachment specified". :-(

EDIT: links from the original post work now.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll find one. As for me I use all my lights I'd be scared to hurt that one way toooooooo pretty;)

That's exactly why I didn't pull trigger. I have no shelf queens. I take care of all lights so they usually travel in holster but all gets used. But this one way too pretty!