Open apology to CPF members

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are still better than rflashlights!
That's true that place can be an absolute cesspool. But every place is different. This forum I have noticed has a lot more far right activism type people. I presume it's because this site caters more to a more mature crowd. And is less cosmopolitan. Not taking any jabs at anyone I don't care I'm just saying this has been my experience.
This site also feels like it should be renamed to malkoffonlyfans.com sometimes. But they've always trended here. But this is also the last place where we can really discuss incandescent flashlights as well. No one else cares about them anymore. Overall, I've had good experiences here even though some topics can veer off the original track sometimes.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Oh, back when covid hit the crowd was pretty evenly divided on that subject, but the topic would get shut down as soon as it got going. Some on the (we'll say dissent side) felt like those on the agree side was overwhelming because they had more input. Not because one side or the other had more value in the eyes of management, but because as soon as anyone disagreed the insults began. The staff would shut it down. Those EV threads are a good example of what took place.

Used to be SureFire threads, Maglite threads and even Malkoff/Elzetta threads would result in insult hurling and closed threads. The longest living Maglite thread I know of (will I become a Maglite fan again) has been fairly stable. Same with recent other brands that used to breed fights among keyboard warrior types.

Under the new ownership the discussions at times begin going the wrong way. Most of the time that aspect runs out of steam for one reason or another. Yet to my knowledge none have led to fights in the parking lot like some I've been a member of. One such site members would literally fist fight at gatherings.

Right now in America a lot of people are frustrated. I won't accuse anybody about why because both camps (if you will) have plenty of issues to be frustrated about. I'm glad to see the new owner allow some topics carry on as it may make a difference in a person's life in that they could release some tension with their keyboard in an otherwise harmless manner instead of keeping it bottled up.

Many left after the change. Some prefer the 'new' freedom and stick around. The forum is a dieing form of discussion in general, so I myself like the banter that takes place. Afterall free speech was not conceived for things everybody agrees about. Free speech was conceived to allow some to openly state in ways others do not agree with. I have a friend who wants to jail anybody for burning the American flag. I tell him they have that right in America. He says I'm a trader. My response is "they do not have the right to start a fire in a public setting so jail them for that". 👍

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, back when covid hit the crowd was pretty evenly divided on that subject, but the topic would get shut down as soon as it got going. Some on the (we'll say dissent side) felt like those on the agree side was overwhelming because they had more input. Not because one side or the other had more value in the eyes of management, but because as soon as anyone disagreed the insults began. The staff would shut it down. Those EV threads are a good example of what took place.

Used to be SureFire threads, Maglite threads and even Malkoff/Elzetta threads would result in insult hurling and closed threads. The longest living Maglite thread I know of (will I become a Maglite fan again) has been fairly stable. Same with recent other brands that used to breed fights among keyboard warrior types.

Under the new ownership the discussions at times begin going the wrong way. Most of the time that aspect runs out of steam for one reason or another. Yet to my knowledge none have led to fights in the parking lot like some I've been a member of. One such site members would literally fist fight at gatherings.

Right now in America a lot of people are frustrated. I won't accuse anybody about why because both camps (if you will) have plenty of issues to be frustrated about. I'm glad to see the new owner allow some topics carry on as it may make a difference in a person's life in that they could release some tension with their keyboard in an otherwise harmless manner instead of keeping it bottled up.

Many left after the change. Some prefer the 'new' freedom and stick around. The forum is a dieing form of discussion in general, so I myself like the banter that takes place. Afterall free speech was not conceived for things everybody agrees about. Free speech was conceived to allow some to openly state in ways others do not agree with. I have a friend who wants to jail anybody for burning the American flag. I tell him they have that right in America. He says I'm a trader. My response is "they do not have the right to start a fire in a public setting so jail them for that". 👍
I can't believe people would actually get in fights at meetings. That is both awesome and appalling because of the ridiculousness of it. Yeah I appreciate that we can have different opinions here without insults flying around. For the most part and that's usually someone new. When I said, this place, Harbour is more right wing sentiment, I did not mean normal politics and Covid and that kind of stuff. I meant more of the tactical type crowd. Pro police and military. Anti communism. That kind of stuff. Which is fine

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW

Bigotry on
I'm not going to get too much into this one. It was meant more of a joke than anything else. But it's also true. In any religion, replace the word God with your imaginary friend, Terry. And think about how that looks to anyone who can't see Terry. But you insist is real. Regardless of the evidence to the contrary and no evidence yourself to prove Terry's real. I don't think it's appropriate to call me a bigot if I don't believe you. That being said. Obviously, I'm never going to convince a religious person otherwise. And it doesn't matter they can believe whatever they want.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not going to get too much into this one. It was meant more of a joke than anything else. But it's also true. In any religion, replace the word God with your imaginary friend, Terry. And think about how that looks to anyone who can't see Terry. But you insist is real. Regardless of the evidence to the contrary and no evidence yourself to prove Terry's real.

No need for you to "get too much into this one"

You said all that you needed, to show your bigotry, in your first post

Your second post just confirmed it

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I think I understood what he meant. Religion can be about worshipping cars, the planet, Oreo cookies or money among other things. Zealots are zealots.

I didn't see it as meant to disparage muslims, hindu's Christians and the like, but meant as a quip about people who worship "stuff".

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's true that place can be an absolute cesspool. But every place is different. This forum I have noticed has a lot more far right activism type people. I presume it's because this site caters more to a more mature crowd. And is less cosmopolitan.
They are all over the place nowadays. Before they were on Stormfront, Pol, Gun boards, but now they are everywhere.

I think we have some diversity here. There are people from Aus and HK that post here but our problem is that it is an English speaking board. That naturally attracts a lot of US people.

I would get into more lengthy back and forth arguing but I'm on an iPhone and can't handle multiquotes. I'm working on getting a PC soon so I can.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are all over the place nowadays. Before they were on Stormfront, Pol, Gun boards, but now they are everywhere.
Maybe things changed to a point when people who did not pay much attention to it, started doing it, and became active, it is a reaction to something, not a stand alone phenomenon. When one group of folks says "frack your way of life and your values, we will destroy it, and you will live the way we tell you to or else...." well it warrants a reaction, if it gets bad enough it morphs into something much more serious, world history has it on regular basis.

Last edited:

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
But it's also true. In any religion, replace the word God with your imaginary friend, Terry. And think about how that looks to anyone who can't see Terry. But you insist is real. Regardless of the evidence to the contrary and no evidence yourself to prove Terry's real. I don't think it's appropriate to call me a bigot if I don't believe you.

Yet your first post says..............

Religious people definitely have cognitive disabilities

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

angular momentum

200.gif

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
When one group of folks says "frack your way of life and your values, we will destroy it, and you will live the way we tell you to or else...." well it warrants a reaction, if it gets bad enough it morphs into something much more serious, world history has it on regular basis.
Many groups say this but few deliver. I think that is why I like that new nation in the middle east so much. Not only did it form from people from every nation and every USA state, being of every race but they did nothing but deliver results. Instead of being keyboard warriors they were out taking on secular governments, western law enforcement, french and american media, and all kinds of groups of problematic peoples.

20 years ago living in USA I really would not be able to relate to such things but with these shifts in morals and values that society has nowadays I feel that my own country is not representative of me, its laws, morals, values, and culture do not match my own and something should be done about it. If Germans had only stood up to the NSDAP the world would have been a better place. Now Americans fawn over the NSDAP so where do you think they are heading?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Woke culture is what you find in the fringes. On East and West coast large cities. Mainstream media won't report on it. But most of America is made up of good, salt of the earth people with actual morals. It's important to remember that.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I understood what he meant. Religion can be about worshipping cars, the planet, Oreo cookies or money among other things. Zealots are zealots.

I didn't see it as meant to disparage muslims, hindu's Christians and the like, but meant as a quip about people who worship "stuff".
Ok but does that make it ok to say they have cognitive disabilities because they are the way they are?

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok but does that make it ok to say they have cognitive disabilities because they are the way they are?
Did you read my explanation? I know RWT didn't. What do we call people who hear voices and believe in things that aren't there? That's not bigotry. It's comparing one thing that we call crazy, and the other exact same thing faith

Ocelot808

Enlightened
In any religion, replace the word God with your imaginary friend, Terry. And think about how that looks to anyone who can't see Terry. But you insist is real.

On the lighter side:

Turns out Terry's kid has a birthday tomorrow and the whole world is invited to the party!

And the most delightful application on the internet, available just once yearly is active:

The NORAD Santa Tracker!

Merry Terrymas everyone!