Opinions on SOG PowerAssist

lifeissomething

Newly Enlightened
If you don't like the feel of the Powerlock I would suggest a Leathermen Charge Tii. I've owned both. The Powerlock got passed on as a gift and the Leathermen stayed. The Powerlock has great pliers and who doesn't like assisted opening blades, but the Charge Tii has just as functional outside-opening and locking blades (also the file and the saw are on the outside), better blade quality, included interchangeable bits, and in my hands, feels like it has a better fit and finish.

I also think it has a better fit and finish than other Leathermens I've used, so if you have experience with some Surge or something, I wouldn't pass that idea of Leathermen quality onto this high-end multitool. When I was first looking at a high-end multitool I discounted Leathermen, but in the end it became my EDC multitool.

Also, I don't know if this advice is welcomed or not, (but it certainly sounds warranted!) from my experience, (as a man who could lost the fork I'm eating with) losing multitools has more to do with having an exact assigned place in your pocket (or belt). If you're inconstantly moving things around, they're going to get lost, period. Use your judgement to find the best place and keep it there, unless it's a drastic usability issue, just keep it there. I also keep every EDC tool/weapon on my right side. I don't need to have my leathermen on my right side at all, it would be perfectly happy slowly deployed from my left, but that is where it always ends up back in it's sheath and not on someone else's shop counter where I'll never see it again.