• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Orders - Programmable Hotwire Regulated Driver drop-in for D-M@g

gVp

Newly Enlightened
Hi Alan, thank you for answering.

i wonder if i have a chance to order your regulator unit together with mentioned FM's 6.35 socket?
it seems to be good enough for different types of 6v-12v bulbs and i don't need extreme wattage.

please, PM me conditions if you can do that.
with best regards to you,
Vladimir.

RCantor

Enlightened
Can I get in on this :) I want to run a "12V" 100 W GY6.35 bulb with 4) Li Ion cells. I'd like to have a lot of levels available. I'd like to get it tommorrow :) Or at least be subscribed to this thread to follow your progress. Will this work for me? Thanks and good luck.

jseklund

Newly Enlightened
Just thought I'd drop in on this - I'm still in for one. Would LOVE to have something that I can use to regulate my 633 with 5 26500's that would protect both the bulb and the batteries!

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! How's everyone doing?

Believe it or not I am still around, just wandered through the forum a couple times in the past couple of weeks looking to replace a lost flashlight. Darn busy still, but hopefully will be getting some free time within the next year. :)

Still have a pile of parts here for these regulators, thinking about getting back to them if there is still any interest? Folks who want them should get some of the remaining high-current sockets, not sure there's any good replacement for those KIU units. I see Waion has some on here now. For low current bulbs lots of sockets work, but for the higher currents those are really better than any others I've tested.

I think when I get this moving again I'm going to have to simplify it for me. Something along the lines of I'll build, program test and calibrate the PC board, and ship a "semi kit" with the mechanical parts and PC board EXCEPT THE SOCKET. The user can solder in their socket and assemble it. User programming is still possible but it can be tricky to get all the software working and many folks don't want to mess with it. I can optionally provide low current sockets, but I can't provide the high current units.

I still have KIU sockets that a few people sent me, these will be returned with their order, or separately upon request. I'll probably give folks who already sent me sockets a priority, but don't want anyone else to send me sockets in the future.

I also have extra machined aluminum drop-in bodies for folks who want to roll their own setup. This is very nice machining.

At any rate I have to take it slow as it cannot overtake other higher priority activities.

gVp

Newly Enlightened
Alan, is it good idea to use your dropin to drive WA1185@10v-11v from serial 4x18650 package?

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't tried it, but that looks like a good combo. The regulator will take up to about 60 volts and 15 amps, and regulates voltage downward from input to output. Four 18650's in series is about 14-16.8 volts so plenty of headroom, and as I recall the WA1185 doesn't take a lot of current.

BSBG

Enlightened
I am running an 1185 at 11v on twelve Eneloops (around 14.4 v under load) and it works just fine. More than fine actually :D
Three 18650s will direct drive an 1185 pretty well, so the fourth through the regulator should be perfect.