• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Original Toxic Green CR2 ION

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yes, I was delghted to find the toxic green in good, used condition. My collection of small Muyshondt CR2's is almost complete at this point. I'm just missing some even rarer ones like the camo and blue swirl. We may never see those come up for sale.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the original line up of colors (missing Ti of course).
Burgundy, Red, Green, Blue, Gray, Black, AlumiBronze.
74413549-M_zpsdeuoklbn.jpg

And here are some really cool, one-offs that Enrique had a sales thread for ages ago, they are all out there somewhere!!
(BTW, none of these pics or lights are mine :mecry:)
2945464049_5ca261f329_zps75veulqa.jpg

2958619487_e2219948ae_zpsr5jypthv.jpg

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks, luxlunatic, that's good to know. Of the original colors, it looks like I now have everything but the burgundy. I have two of the Ti's since I like titanium.

I don't have any of the one-offs though. I can hope!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Here is the original line up of colors (missing Ti of course).
Burgundy, Red, Green, Blue, Gray, Black, AlumiBronze.
74413549-M_zpsdeuoklbn.jpg

And here are some really cool, one-offs that Enrique had a sales thread for ages ago, they are all out there somewhere!!
(BTW, none of these pics or lights are mine :mecry:)
2945464049_5ca261f329_zps75veulqa.jpg

2958619487_e2219948ae_zpsr5jypthv.jpg

was as there a pink one? My Red looks lighter than your photo, unless you have over saturated the image?

I did the white one!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
was as there a pink one? My Red looks lighter than your photo, unless you have over saturated the image?

I did the white one!

I've seen it called pink but it looks more like a faded brownish red to me. But the bright red one in the photo is too red. Maybe what some people call pink is the burgundy in the photo? The "over saturation" might be a camera flash which might make the colors richer in the photo than normal lighting conditions.

I've seen the gray referred to as natural gray hard coat. It's actually not an anodize color, it's just the way the hard coat turns out.

Anyway, maybe one of the experts on Muyshondts here will clarify the red/pink question.

You have the white one? Nice.

Last edited:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there were a few made in pink but that would be an AEON and we were on the subject of the ION.
An ION is distinguished most easily by the aluminum collar and an AEON has a brass collar (see pic below), oh the details!
And the pic above (not mine) is most certainly, over saturated.
Here is a pic of mine that captures the color of the pink, and green, fairly accurately:
Green-Pink3_zps33dfe5fd.jpg

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Nice side by side photo.

Ha-ha, I forgot we were on Ions. :) Thanks for reminding me.

I do recall the brass collar distinguishing the Aeons. At least that makes it easier to tell them apart. Other than that and maybe a color that was unique to either an Ion or Aeon, I wonder if there's any other way to tell them apart.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only other quick way to tell is the IONs have a smooth reflector and the AEONs have a orange peel reflector.
One other rare AEON would be a handful of titanium units that Enrique had anodized in a fantastic blue by Peter Atwood. I managed to score a Nautilus specimen, which I regret parting with, and here are a few pics to show the color:
annonaut4.jpg

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Wow, beautiful color.

Okay, after checking my blue one is an Aeon, but it's not nearly as striking as the Atwood. It's almost a grayish blue.

nbp

Flashaholic
The Ion I had had an "optic" of sorts for a very smooth floody beam (almost Mule but not quite) rather than the typical reflectorized beam of my Aeons. I believe this is how all Ions were. ???? Thus the front end looks pretty different from the Aeons.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Yes, there were a few made in pink but that would be an AEON and we were on the subject of the ION.
An ION is distinguished most easily by the aluminum collar and an AEON has a brass collar (see pic below), oh the details!
And the pic above (not mine) is most certainly, over saturated.
Here is a pic of mine that captures the color of the pink, and green, fairly accurately:
Green-Pink3_zps33dfe5fd.jpg

Yes but, I have an Ion in that lighter red color, not the bright red, and it says Ion once with the aluminum ring?

I really don't know?

Roanqoan

Newly Enlightened
Yes but, I have an Ion in that lighter red color, not the bright red, and it says Ion once with the aluminum ring?

I really don't know?

Couple more

Got this light-ish red one from Enrique not too long ago. It's an ion somewhere in between red and pink.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that red is nice! :drool:
We need to start a thread in the collections forum with all this info and pics.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks for all the observations. That definitely helps in distinguishing between the two.

billybright

Enlightened
Re: Original RED CR2 ION XRE

**SOLD**
Is anyone interested in a totally unused Rare RED CR2 ION with Cree XRE LED w/smooth reflector.
originally purchased new from 4sevens who engraved name on it

on wife's instructions her name has been removed, and that small area re-painted >see first picture.

asking $195.00 including Worldwide Tracked & Registered shipping

Payment by paypal only please
no trades
Thanks for looking

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

I'll take it.

Please PM me to confirm your PayPal info.

Last edited:

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought you would take that one Magellan! Wow your Ion collection is getting huge! Need to see an updated photo soon. You have certainly the largest Ion collection (and likely CR2 as well..)
Great score, congrats again