• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready Clip Store

gunga

Flashaholic
Hmmm. That's new. When I last checked it just said not compatible with Hds. I didn't realize they changed it to say compatible with bezels.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that's a mistake. Those clips have to be ground out inside to fit. That's my pic Overready is using there (I was not aware) and that clip is modified by me to work, its not "stock". They're great with a little work though, well worth the effort in my opinion, but not a direct fit.

wcUum7f.jpg

ERGsxtq.jpg

ReMlzbQ.jpg

I've really tried to be very clear about that though, noting the work required every time I post about these clips. But if I had any part in the confusion then I apologize.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did you use to grind it out? Can it be made to fit z clicky tsil?
Thank you. P

Dremel:

XrUBabW.jpg

And yes they'll fit the clicky tail too. The silver one on the Orange Clicky in the pic above is modified in the same way. Doesn't even need a new o-ring.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would probably give that a try, but I do not have access to a dremel right now. I'm disappointed that it does not work as advertised without modification. This is not something I would have expected from Oveready.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I was aware of that. The website says the clip won't fit on the tail cap anymore, as mentioned above, but that it does
fit on the bezel end.
I would probably give that a try, but I do not have access to a dremel right now. I'm disappointed that it does not work as advertised without modification. This is not something I would have expected from Oveready.
My apologies. I don't have an HDS handy and was going on 3rd party information. I did not verify in hand before posting that information. I've updated the universal pages to preclude any HDS compatibility. PM sent on your order.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My apologies. I don't have an HDS handy and was going on 3rd party information. I did not verify in hand before posting that information. I've updated the universal pages to preclude any HDS compatibility. PM sent on your order.

EDITED: I removed this comment because its presumptive. If I had some part in causing issues with customers then I whole-heartedly apologize to them. If you guys would like to continue using my photo(s) of your clips on your website feel free, and I would be happy to answer any questions or provide additional information so that the modifications required could be accurately reported on your site as well. My posts and pictures were only ever intended to help the community and I'd like to continue doing that.

Speaking of helping -- Random Dan, if you want to send me your clip I'll mod it to work on your light. No charge. I don't want anyone to feel like I've caused a problem here, so let me fix it whether it was really my fault or not.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
If I had some part in causing issues with customers then I whole-heartedly apologize to them.
Sorry for the concerns. The only fault here is ours, making a clip incompatible with such popular applications. And one we will correct if another run is warranted. You've been nothing but supportive and generous as your latest post attests. Please continue as you have, supporting the flashlight community with much needed information.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you emarkd and ElectronGuru for your offers to help! One of my friends said he would lend me a dremel so I think I'll try the mod. I will report back on whether or not it works.

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of helping -- Random Dan, if you want to send me your clip I'll mod it to work on your light. No charge. I don't want anyone to feel like I've caused a problem here, so let me fix it whether it was really my fault or not.

I would like to be able to add an Oveready pocket clip to an HDS Rotary that I have on the way. Would it be possible for you to post a modification guide?

I have a dremel. I had heard that you needed to replace the O-ring so, I am curious about your experience.

Thanks,
Michael