• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready Upgraded Surefire x300u Weapon Lights

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: v5 Upgrade Service for Surefire x300 Weapon Light (3500L)

Order placed for 2. Had a hell of a time finding X300s second hand outside ebay (which I don't use.)

Any Estimates on current lead times once the lights are in your hands? Thanks so much guys.

Great to hear Mike,

I will be able to turn them around within 2 weeks.

Thanks for your support!

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have a Great weekend everyone!

mikesantor

Enlightened

Oveready/Torchlab X300 v4 (1200L) getting some work in while waiting on v5!

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: v5 Upgrade Service for Surefire x300 & x300u Weapon Lights (3500L)

Now shipping in x300u form with custom finned heatsink:

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice! Looks great with the custom heatsink.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

is the awesome looking heatsink head available for the x300 too?
It is not. Each light has its own architecture and the U's design makes the finned design possible.

Additionally, the x300 (non U) is waining in popularity so we won't be making more of its heatsink after they sell out. So the slots we have are while supplies last.

KakaruPilot

Newly Enlightened

At home I use an old E2E mounted to my AR with the pressure switch, is there any way to use the light engines from this upgrade inside the E2E head even if the head has to be modified? The OD of the E2E is 1" and the x300 is 1.125" so the ID should be (I am only assuming here) within tolerances to modify to accept the engine? Obviously it wouldn't be running on side-by-side batteries but I just wanted to know your thoughts. Thanks so much!

-E

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

At home I use an old E2E mounted to my AR with the pressure switch, is there any way to use the light engines from this upgrade inside the E2E head even if the head has to be modified?

We've already done what you're after:

e2eTriple.jpg

But we won't be making any more. Give me some time to look into options.

In the mean time we also have http://www.oveready.com/prod_432.html

mikesantor

Enlightened

Have you guys seen any performance differences outfitting the U with the V5 opposed to the non U? I would think you would have a little better heat dissipation with the bigger U, especially with those fins but I wonder if that correlates to any real world differences? I had the original v4 X300 when the normal ultra came out and it was nice having a smaller, lighter package that was more then double the output of the ultra. Now that both the regular and ultra can be configured with the V5, i still feel the same way. I would rather have the smaller, lighter package of the regular X300 but smaller dosn't always perform better with brighter...

/random thoughts

toddxtyboy

Newly Enlightened

any chance these will be restocked?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

any chance these will be restocked?

+1 or custom jobs?

Tom (who does these by hand) is a bit swamped making BOSS heads this year but I'm working with him to review and reschedule. We may reduce steps and wait by switching to a pre upgraded model, so less individual work that can slow things down.

Have you guys seen any performance differences outfitting the U with the V5 opposed to the non U? I would think you would have a little better heat dissipation with the bigger U, especially with those fins but I wonder if that correlates to any real world differences? I had the original v4 X300 when the normal ultra came out and it was nice having a smaller, lighter package that was more then double the output of the ultra. Now that both the regular and ultra can be configured with the V5, i still feel the same way. I would rather have the smaller, lighter package of the regular X300 but smaller dosn't always perform better with brighter...

/random thoughts

v5 will monitor temperatures and adjust only when needed, but Ive not had an opportunity to A/B test them. In theory the larger size and fins does make the U better with sustained output. That said, the on/off/on nature of these lights may make that less relevant.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok great thank you for the update. Keep up the great work.