Oxweld Union Carbide Lantern Model A help

CONFEDR8

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys and gals,

I am looking into an old Model A lantern that is very local, and is possible they might sell it to me. I have a couple of questions. First, what is the value of the lantern (I don't have pictures but I do have a decent memory so I will provide a description)? The lantern is in rough shape. The lens has a nice chip out of it. The reflective surface for the flame isn't that reflective. There isn't any dents in the body but the manufacturer plate is bent pretty good. It is somewhat dirty, but that is expected from a true lantern. And the second question is where could I find spare parts for this thing? I know I need the lens, but I could take it apart and see that it needs tons of work.

Thanks and I might have a few more questions, maybe.
Zack

KenAnderson

Enlightened
I see these in similar condition for sale priced $15-$30, with excellent condition examples selling for $60-$80. Spare parts need to be scavenged from others you can find. Sounds like this one may be a candidate as an organ donation to fix up a nicer one.

CONFEDR8

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks. But I couldn't get any measurements but do you know what size the lens is? The reason being is because I can find a lens and I might not have to fix anything else with it. Well I volunteer on a railroad and plan on using it there so I like the old, worn-out look, though it will be restored on the inside and out.