• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply.

ETA: Is the XR-E available with a 2-mode driver with high and low, with or without memory?

Last edited:

bf1

Enlightened
Cree XM-L cool white, 2.8A regulated, high/med/Low, smooth reflector, plus potting with tape $45.00
I will be using single AW 18650 2900mAh cell . Will be using it in TNC Ti host.

Last edited:

Siskik

Newly Enlightened
Dave,

Just got my XM-L (4500K) today!!
Very nice tint! Very close to the sun. Can't wait for the darkness.

Thanks for the fast service too.
John

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks, Dave! Platinum Dragon it is, then ....

Order placed for drop in, to be used with C2 host (2x CR123 primaries):

- Osram Platinum Dragon deep red LED
- 3 level regulated driver (L - M - H, if possible; otherwise must have memory mode; NO blinky modes)
- Orange peel reflector for maximum flood
- Thermal-potted / copper-taped
- Shipped CONUS
- PayPal fees added

I don't need Priority Shipping, USPS First Class is fine. If you can add Delivery Confirmation, that would be appreciated. I calculate $46.80, and will PayPal (rounded up :) ) later today.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to clarify, as this is my first time through this process - Thanks!
:paypal: :thanks:

Thanks for the quick shipping!

I had a question about the (outer) spring on the drop-in, though. As noted on the label, I don't want to overtighten the Z44 (stock C2 bezel), but the spring is much too long to fit easily in the host. Does this mean I am supposed to shorten the spring, by just cutting some off of the end ??? (Was a bit reluctant to take wire-clippers to your brand-new creation without checking .... )

CM2010

Enlightened
Payment sent $50 for a Cree XM-L T6 Cool White 2.8 amps.
3 level high/med/low
OP Reflector
Thermal potting with tape
Used in a Solarforce L2T with 1 2900mah AW 18650

Thanks.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Dave,

I would like to order the Orsam True Green with an orange peel reflector for Surefire 6P series.

Also, I would like to order a Blue LED with an orange peel reflector for Surefire 6P series lights, and was wondering which blue you think would be best? I think a deep true blue is what I would like.

Once you tell me about the blue, I will drop your payment in the mail.

All the best,

Ned Redway / Redled

bf1

Enlightened
Cree XM-L cool white, 2.8A regulated, high/med/Low, smooth reflector, plus potting with tape $45.00
I will be using single AW 18650 2900mAh cell . Will be using it in TNC Ti host.

Payment Sent!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the quick shipping!

I had a question about the (outer) spring on the drop-in, though. As noted on the label, I don't want to overtighten the Z44 (stock C2 bezel), but the spring is much too long to fit easily in the host. Does this mean I am supposed to shorten the spring, by just cutting some off of the end ??? (Was a bit reluctant to take wire-clippers to your brand-new creation without checking .... )

Hi

Yes as mentioned on the label you will need to shorten spring to fit your bezel and host since there are so many variances. SF products take little to no springs if using the tape while solarforce and a few others take full springs.

You can cut down to one or two rings or what ever it takes to close the lamp head with out excessive force. Many in like a C2 just use tape to close the gap and no spring. If can shake the light and it flickers you need at least a ring or two.

Dave

andy7046

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,
I've liked the past drop-ins so much I'd like another one.
Paypal sent for the following:
Cree XM-L T50 flux bin E3 4500K neutral white,
3 Level Low/Med/High, 2.8 Amp, OP reflector
+ Potting with tape option
$45 total.

Thanks
andy

Hi Dave,

I would like to purchase a:
Cree XM-L $40 2.8-6 volts
T30 flux bin E7 3000K Warm White
3 level Low / Med / High
Continuously on high please use 2.8 amps
Op reflector

This will be housed in a bored Orange Surefire 6P with an 18650, or two CR123's.

Thank you, :paypal:

~ Chance :thumbsup:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hi

Yes as mentioned on the label you will need to shorten spring to fit your bezel and host since there are so many variances. SF products take little to no springs if using the tape while solarforce and a few others take full springs.

You can cut down to one or two rings or what ever it takes to close the lamp head with out excessive force. Many in like a C2 just use tape to close the gap and no spring. If can shake the light and it flickers you need at least a ring or two.

Dave

Thanks, done, works great now. That is one tough spring, though! Is it brass, not copper ???

MIC-1

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:

Cree XM-L T30 flux bin E7 3000K Warm White
1 level
2.8A
SMO
Potting with tape

International shipping
CC4%
Total: $52

Casper507

Newly Enlightened
Geeze you all are tough on me :D, it is the same driver, the difference is how the forum reposted I had changed it after I got the same questions before but have not since the reposting. THE SAME DRIVER AS ALWAYS
Not trying to be tough on you. Your reputation here is first rate.:thumbsup:
The question you were answering above didn't come through with the quote.
The first page of this thread is a little unclear still. It's been asked about a few times on this thread but the question wasn't clearly stated.
Cree XRE - XPE -$30 - 3.6 - 6 volts 3 level regulated high / med / low
One of the following
a. Light shuts off completely below 3.6
b. Light drops out of regulation below 3.6 and runs direct drive with single cell.
I'm not sure if 3.6 above is absolute min voltage or if it's referring to "nominal" voltage talked about in some sources when referring to RCRs.

3.6 -8.4V regulated 3 levels high / med/ low (memory ?)
same as above
a. Light shuts off completely below 3.6
b. Light drops out of regulation below 3.6 and runs direct drive with single cell.
Again I'm not sure if 3.6 above is absolute min voltage or if it's referring to "nominal" voltage talked about in some sources when referring to RCRs.
With two protected cells it would shut off completely when cells reached their shut off point above 3.6.:confused:

This also is unclear in the same way for your other products. XRE, XPG, Linger XPG, XML
Your XRE with two optics and high CRI would be a great alternative for the no longer availible Malkoff Warm/Warm Flood modules. I have a very warm aftermarket dropin that runs for around a hour regulated and then starts to diminish and would like the same thing in a better quality dropin like yours. Possibly the XRE with both optics or a Linger XPG high CRI or eventually both if I can get myself to pull the trigger on it. Worst problem is probably making up mind with the great offerings you have.

So do these lights shut off at 3.6 or do they drop out of regulation and run direct drive till cell protection kicks them off at around 2.8?:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

P.S. Did anyone ever figure out if this would work with VME head? I'd think they would. At a minimum your Optic dropin should work with VME head.

Casper507

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I only have 1 / 3 / 5 level with memory for 2.8-6 volts

Dave
ETA: Is the XR-E available with a 2-mode driver with high and low, with or without memory?
question above and your answer was part in quotes.

This isn't what's reflected on 1st page. 1st page says nothing about 2.8-6 Volts for XRE. Nor does it mention a single mode XRE. Do you have single mode XRE in 3.6-8.4 that would drop out of regulation at 3.6 and run direct drive on single cell?
Could you have been thinking of XPG?
ALso on XPG 1 mode 4-14V driver; is this a driver which requires two cells and will not work on single 18650? Or would it drop out of regulation below 4V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts