• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 XPG modules in warm, neutral, cool white/ SST-50 -90 P60 dropin Modules (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Nalbender,

I've been using the SST-50 I bought from you in my 6P, and it's a great drop in, thanks :).

Now, I need a new drop in for my all nitrolon G2... I'm currently using a Malkoff M60L which is great, but I like the convenience of multi mode, plus the bezel doesn't screw down completely. So, what I'm looking for:

• 3 mode, with memory.
  • Suitable for use in an original G2, all nitrolon host.
  • Must be able to allow the bezel to screw down completely.
  • I would prefer a warm tint - I've recently discovered warm LEDs thanks to my Mac's EDC SST-50 :).
  • Must be able to run on 2x16340 / RCR123 cells.

I'm not sure what would be the best LED to go for - to be honest, it doesn't matter, as long as it meets the requirements above, particularly the heat issue. I don't need massive output, I have other lights for that - but I'd still like to get as much out the front as I can, bearing in mind the G2 host.

So, and suggestions as to what would suit my needs?

Thanks,

Dave.

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nailbender,

I already ordered an SST-50 drop-in which I would like to have changed to a neutral 4500K, as I first asked for that one, but you didn't have it (yet).

Furthermore, I was lucky to find a birthday sponsor, and would like to order, together with the SST50/4500K :

- 1 x MCE neutral white. 3-mode driver, 2.800mAh
- 1 x SST90/3000K high CRI, 3-mode driver, 2.800 mAh

They will all be used in bored Surefire hosts (6P, C2, Z2) and with 1 x AW 18650/2600 mAh

PM sent.

EDIT :

:paypal:

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to ask again because in post #433 I asked if it can be had in one mode only and you replied in #434 with "No sir..." but stated it could be made with one mode or three. I thought that was strange. That's why I had to ask again to be sure to make sure we were on the same page. Didn't mean to pester you. :poke:
With that said, I'll take a Linger Special with the 4000k neutral tint and whatever reflector you recommend for it to be optimal. One level driver capable of running 2x RCR123s at full brightness.

:paypal:

Hi

I don't have any drivers that will run a dual XPG with 2XRCR123
None of the 2.5 or 2.8 amps drivers are capable of 2XRCR123.
All dual XPG / SST 50 / SST 90 / P7 MCE are 6 volts max.

If this won't serve you please pm and I will refund your money.

Dave

Brian321

Enlightened
:paypal: Transaction ID #7XL12169D8268634W

For:

SST-50 Single mode,
regulated,
4500K, With OP reflector

PM sent with a Question

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks,
Brian

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I've sent you a PM but I'll post here as well just in case as my PM's have been slightly unreliable recently.

I'm looking for a P60 Neutral white drop-in for my Solarforce L2 host to use with one 18650 cell rated only up to 1.7A current draw. I'm thinking that the XP-G 1.4A 3 mode 3-6v or 3.6-8.4v drop-in would be best?

My preferable mode choices would be High/Low/Strobe or High/Med/Low, with high at as high as possible with efficiency still the main consideration. 1.4A for an XP-G would be perfect.

Do you currently have any Neutral R3/4 XP-G modules with a similar configuration? Or is there an R3 bin Neutral XP-E available which might be better? I'm really looking for as bright as possible in preferably a 5A tint, that would be about 4000k-4500k I think, though 5000k would also be okay if the efficiency is better.

Many thanks for your help.

Hi
You have asked for alot of stuff here but you have to remember that I have basically the same choices you do buying parts by the piece. Each manufacturer has his own UI but they don't cross over much and that is because of the quantity need to change UI's.

I have R2 4000k neutrals / R3 5000k neutral XPG

I have a 3 level high / low / strobe 3.6-8.4 volts that is about 1.2 or 1.3 amps

I have a 3 level 1.4 amp high / med / low 3.6-8.4 volt the difference in lumens between the two drivers is minimal.

Now if you want the 5 level it is only a 1 amp so you should probably drop back to a XPE for it although there is certainly nothing wrong with running a XPG at 1amp as when originally release that was spec. Much better runtime.

Your choice

Dave

Nalbender,

I've been using the SST-50 I bought from you in my 6P, and it's a great drop in, thanks :).

Now, I need a new drop in for my all nitrolon G2... I'm currently using a Malkoff M60L which is great, but I like the convenience of multi mode, plus the bezel doesn't screw down completely. So, what I'm looking for:

• 3 mode, with memory.
  • Suitable for use in an original G2, all nitrolon host.
  • Must be able to allow the bezel to screw down completely.
  • I would prefer a warm tint - I've recently discovered warm LEDs thanks to my Mac's EDC SST-50 :).

I'm not sure what would be the best LED to go for - to be honest, it doesn't matter, as long as it meets the requirements above, particularly the heat issue. I don't need massive output, I have other lights for that - but I'd still like to get as much out the front as I can, bearing in mind the G2 host.

So, and suggestions as to what would suit my needs?

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi Dave

I would stick to XPG and run it at about 1.1 amps. I have 3000k warm white/ 4000k neutral / 5000k neutral.

The 5000 k will be brightest but is the least warm. The 4000k looks much like a Q4 5B as far as tint goes.

my modules are made for XPE and XPG and are among some of the shorter modules. I can also cut the spring for you if you think it is needed.

thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys

I really need all of your help, it is posted to please put what ordered and who ordered it in paypal notes.

This alone costs me an hour a day looking up orders. First I really appreciate the business but I am at least a day behind my 3 day shipping and this would be a great help to put what ordered in paypal notes.

I get about 50+ pms a day so it is alot to look through for orders.

Thanks for all the help guys

thanks again :D

Dave

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
nailbender said:
Hi Dave

I would stick to XPG and run it at about 1.1 amps. I have 3000k warm white/ 4000k neutral / 5000k neutral.

The 5000 k will be brightest but is the least warm. The 4000k looks much like a Q4 5B as far as tint goes.

my modules are made for XPE and XPG and are among some of the shorter modules. I can also cut the spring for you if you think it is needed.

thanks

Dave

Thanks for the reply :).

Hopefully this will work as intended... You mentioned running at 1.1 amps, will the be a problem with the 3 level driver, as an earlier post indicates it's running at 1.4a...

If it will work, please could you let me know how much it would cost for a 3 level XP-G, 4000K, running at 3.6-8.4v, with a spring of the appropriate length for a G2, shipped to the UK?

Thanks,

Dave.

bilatos

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:Transaction ID #7LF20696T3440424K

For:

SST-50 Triple mode,
regulated,
4500K, With OP reflector

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going back to my order, do you have something that is able to run the Linger Special in one mode at full brightness with standard 2x CR132?

Hi

Yes my standard 3 level driver is good for any battery combo from 3.6 to 6 volts. 2XCR123 works great. The size I am limited to for modules has kept me from finding a driver that will handle that amperage at higher voltage.

The standard driver will work great.

I also do have a one level driver for the dual XPG if you prefer that.

Dave

Last edited:

Enlightened
Hi

Yes my standard 3 level driver is good for any battery combo from 3.6 to 6 volts. 2XCR123 works great. The size I am limited to for modules has kept me from finding a driver that will handle that amperage at higher voltage.

The standard driver will work great.

I also do have a one level driver for the dual XPG if you prefer that.

Dave

One level driver for the Linger Special it is!! :) Proceed with the order..

Just a quick question, what are the specs on the Linger Special with the one level driver? Lumens, runtime, etc. Thanks again Dave for your patience and pardon my ignorance.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply :).

Hopefully this will work as intended... You mentioned running at 1.1 amps, will the be a problem with the 3 level driver, as an earlier post indicates it's running at 1.4a...

I have many drivers that I can apply to certain situations that doesn't mean i can do anything. I have a driver that will give 3 levels at 1.1 amps as i wrote

If it will work, please could you let me know how much it would cost for a 3 level XP-G, 4000K, running at 3.6-8.4v, with a spring of the appropriate length for a G2, shipped to the UK?

As I said above I don't have everything and right above the first response to you I quoted the s3 level I have that goes to 8.4 volts is high / low / strobe. I don't have a high med low in 8.4 volts
I have a high med low in 6 volts max.

shipping is $5 for 1st class int
priority int with tracking is $15

Thanks

Dave

Thanks,

Dave.

Noctis

Enlightened
Hi Guys

I really need all of your help, it is posted to please put what ordered and who ordered it in paypal notes.

This alone costs me an hour a day looking up orders. First I really appreciate the business but I am at least a day behind my 3 day shipping and this would be a great help to put what ordered in paypal notes.

I get about 50+ pms a day so it is alot to look through for orders.

Thanks for all the help guys

thanks again :D

Dave
Try this. Edit the original post to include a screen capture of the Paypal notes that shows an example of the format you want people to use.

Say, "You've got money from CPFname" in subject.
And in the message, "1x SST-50 single-mode SMO reflector cool white" and street address below that.

P.S.
If you haven't gotten around to my order already...

Unique Transaction ID #0TT37908YP718714V

1x SST-50 single-mode SMO reflector cool white

If you already sent it then never mind.

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Dave,

Thanks for the reply :). Sorry, I misread your post about the 3 mode vs strobe, all clear now. Looks like may have to go back to the drawing board, unless the driver for 3.6-6v would work of a single 17670 battery.

Dave.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

Thanks for the reply :). Sorry, I misread your post about the 3 mode vs strobe, all clear now. Looks like may have to go back to the drawing board, unless the driver for 3.6-6v would work of a single 17670 battery.

Dave.

Hi All

I am not sure how much better to list these modules. If it says 3.6-6 volts it means any combination of batteries between 3.6 and 6 volts. A 17670 is 4.2 volts so since it falls between 3.6-6 volts it will work just fine.

The only difference between a 18650 and a 17670 is a few may and a couple of mm

Dave

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Dave,

Sorry, I was having a bit of a senior moment there, forgot that they are 4.2v off the charger :). I'll drop you a PM in a bit once I've finalised what I need.

Dave.

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for:

XP-G 4000k, 3 level 3-6v (h/m/l): $35 (I just ordered a 17670 battery for the G2, so I'll use that rather than 2xrcr123)
International shipping: $5
Total: $40

Unique Transaction ID #50L25065B5282154G

If I've got the costs wrong, please let me know ASAP and I'll sort it out :).

Dave.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi again, thanks for the response, I'll buy a module once I have the money in my paypal account. :thumbsup:

I just have one more choice to make now, between the 4000k and 5000k neutral tints, I understand the 4000k is more like 5A tint and the 5000k like a 3A tint, much like a very pure white. I would prefer the 'pure white' tint I think for this lights use but could anyone please clarify which would offer the best colour rendition for this module?

Can I just add the question if the 4000k tint module is more similar to a cree 5A(more pinkish) or 5B(more yellowish) tint?

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.