Pelican 7060 3rd Generation (Upgrade 368 Lumens high)

sgt253

Enlightened
Would anyone have a comparison between "old" 164 lumen version vice this "new" version at 368 lumens on high? Beamshots would be terrific. It specs out with a little less lux (throw) but definitely more lumens. Thanks in advance.
Regards.

sgt253

Enlightened
Just received a Pelican 1910 (1xAAA), really pleasantly surprised. Would love to hear opinions on the upgraded 7060...

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Pelican 7060. I think it may be the first generation. I sort of got interested when I heard about this, but then compared to newer lights with more lumens it sort of dampened my enthusiasm. Also, just to be clear, can the 1st gen be upgraded or is this an upgrade just for newer generations? What price for the upgrade?

sgt253

Enlightened
I believe there is no stand alone upgrade to earlier gen lights. One must purchase the entirely new light. I am curious as to the effect of the higher powered led on throw and spill compared to a light of your generation.

Regards.

TheVat26

Enlightened
I have the first gen and have tried out the new one. The first difference is that the beam is smooth on the new one not ringy like the first gen. New one appears to have an xpg2, don't know for sure. Throw is about 30% less on new, but the spill is about 30-40% better. Beam colors are both cool white, not as bad as cheapo LEDs, but not close to nuetral.

The new one is definitely miles better than the old one. It's a good light, but I think SL stingers and Strion's are better in every regard.
The new 8060 is a very good duty/work light if you don't mind the size of weight. Very good throw up to 100 yards, and spill for 50 yards. Very clean beam.