Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Monochrome. Maybe when she approaches 40 she'll shake that habit. No third dates for this girl with anyone and all that implies.

jellydonut -

Best to be single than to be with a girl you aren't nuts about. IMHO.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blister packs that can't be opened without some sort of cutting tool.

Seriously, how difficult is it to cut perforations in the back so that I can open in my car without pulling out my multitool?

--flatline

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Blister packs that can't be opened without some sort of cutting tool.

Seriously, how difficult is it to cut perforations in the back so that I can open in my car without pulling out my multitool?

--flatline

I have seen one blister pack that actually has that feature. (I think it was for an Energizer LED rechargeable light. Nothing special.)

But yeah, hate those things. I went back to EDCing a dedicated, locking, folding, one-hander after the last time I bought an item in a blister pack. Standing by my car, couldn't open it. Never again!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
People who step into the street without looking in both directions first because they're too busy yammering on their cellphone.

I can think of plenty more irritating cellphone behaviors but you get the idea.

lunchboxtheman

Newly Enlightened
People who cannot be on time. Ever. Ever. Ever.

They don't even realize how selfish and arrogant their behavior is. I needed to let that out, thanks.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oooo . . . Teens texting on their phones as they blindly step out into traffic.

Also, I've got a friend who is always late. Best solution? . . . If you plan to be somewhere at 7pm, tell the friend you need to be there by 6:30pm. That way he actually shows up on time.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
People blindly walking across parking lots while texting on their phones. Mostly it's teenage girls with NO situational awareness at all. Someone could pull up next to them in a van, yank them inside, and drive off, and the teen would have no clue that anything was amiss until it was too late. I don't have kids, but if I did this lack of situational awareness would scare the crap out of me.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Resealable bags that don't reseal. Or they only reseal once or twice then tear up. Companies do this just to irritate me.

Nickles. They are stupid. Put dimes in a jar and shake it and they know what to do. They stack up. Though not as good but the same is true for quarters. Pennies can even do it to some extent. Nickles? Nope. Uh duh. Huh huh. Derrrr...that was fun. Do it again, Jeff. "Idiots!" and they are heavy compared to their value. Stupid and heavy.

Wire hangers. They hook up with each and get intertangled and produce more hangers. They know I need them so they just do what they want. Overly amorous pranksters. I know when I close the closet door they get together because I can hear them giggling. Sometimes they even laugh at me. The next day I'll get a shirt and there they are all tangled up and smiling at me.

Flat tires. They are weaklings. Why can't they fight off a little ol' roofing nail? Because they are slackers. They just go "ouch" and give up...pfffffffffffff.

Ironing shirts. They don't want to be ironed and I don't blame them. I don't want to be ironed either. That's why they flop around on the ironing board in a sorts of contorted shapes. It takes me about an hour to iron a shirt. Then, when I put them on and tuck them in they are wrinkled up by the time I get to work. I wish wrinkles were in but I'm not sure about that. I don't like wrinkles either.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Resealable bags that don't reseal. Or they only reseal once or twice then tear up. Companies do this just to irritate me.

Nickles. They are stupid. Put dimes in a jar and shake it and they know what to do. They stack up. Though not as good but the same is true for quarters. Pennies can even do it to some extent. Nickles? Nope. Uh duh. Huh huh. Derrrr...that was fun. Do it again, Jeff. "Idiots!" and they are heavy compared to their value. Stupid and heavy.

Wire hangers. They hook up with each and get intertangled and produce more hangers. They know I need them so they just do what they want. Overly amorous pranksters. I know when I close the closet door they get together because I can hear them giggling. Sometimes they even laugh at me. The next day I'll get a shirt and there they are all tangled up and smiling at me.

Flat tires. They are weaklings. Why can't they fight off a little ol' roofing nail? Because they are slackers. They just go "ouch" and give up...pfffffffffffff.

Ironing shirts. They don't want to be ironed and I don't blame them. I don't want to be ironed either. That's why they flop around on the ironing board in a sorts of contorted shapes. It takes me about an hour to iron a shirt. Then, when I put them on and tuck them in they are wrinkled up by the time I get to work. I wish wrinkles were in but I'm not sure about that. I don't like wrinkles either.

Other than the flat tires and nickles . . . Get you a maid.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I could afford one I most definitely would hire a maid.

But there are some Peeves a maid can't fix. Like when ghosts steel sips out of my wine glass. I'll look down and it's almost gone then I know they are there. I don't get mad. They just want to relax a little but they should get jobs, buy there own wine and maybe drop off a bottle every once in a while.

See. It just happened again. My wine glass is almost empty. Now I gotta get up and pour a little more. Gal darned freeloading ghosts.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If I could afford one I most definitely would hire a maid.

But there are some Peeves a maid can't fix. Like when ghosts steel sips out of my wine glass. I'll look down and it's almost gone then I know they are there. I don't get mad. They just want to relax a little but they should get jobs, buy there own wine and maybe drop off a bottle every once in a while.

See. It just happened again. My wine glass is almost empty. Now I gotta get up and pour a little more. Gal darned freeloading ghosts.

Get you an exorcist. :sssh:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Instant replays that take more the 2 minutes or longer especially if they take so long the network goes to commercial break.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.