Petzl TIKKA XP question

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
Can I use AAA Lithium batteries for my Petzl TIKKA XP?
As I understand, AAA Lithium batteries do not leak when left inside of these headlamps.
So is it OK to leave them inside the headlamp?

Thanks

jinya1004

Newly Enlightened
Ive only experienced alkaline batteries leaking, I would personally be fine with leaving lithiums in my own lights.

desmobob

Enlightened
My Tikka headlamp has had a diet of only lithiums since I bought it, several years ago. They're great lights, and using lithiums is good insurance against them getting ruined by a leaky alkaline battery.

Take it easy,
Bob

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
So just to confirm, that the AAA Lithium batteries will not leak if I keep them inside of my headlamp for longer periods of time?
I want to keep the batteries left inside of the light in case of a power outage or other emergencies.

Gaffle

Enlightened
Don't forget about LSD NiMH. Get yourself a good charger, some LSD NiMH, and you now have batteries that keep a charge for a long time with no leaking. Just some food for thought. I hate throwing away primaries so my entire house now runs on rechargeables.

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
I got myself these for my Petzl TIKKA XP light.
AAA Lithium.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BQY36SM/

I will leave them inside the light as you all posted that these will not leak. Because when a power outage hits my area, I do not want to waste any time looking for the batteries and putting them in the light.

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
the tikka has an electronic switch (in contrast to a mechanical one),
so there is a bit of current draw all the time (even when it is very small)

NOT "SAFE" FOR LONG TERM STORAGE!!

when You dont use it, put anything (small piece of paper) between one of the batteries and the corresponding light contact.
Remove that be4 use

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
The new tikka (base model) has a mechanical switch

The tikka+ and xp are electronic

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums