Phillips X-treme Vision Gen2?

64.5vette

Newly Enlightened
I saw these on that forum were not allowed to talk about, and would like some more information.

I just bought a new focus RS with AFS d3s projectors, and would love to upgrade the factory bulbs to something better.
RrK6o2z.png

Edit: just found the websites: http://www.philips.co.za/c-p/42403XV2S1/xenon-x-tremevision-gen2-xenon-car-headlight-bulb
http://www.philips.co.za/c-p/42403XV2C1/xenon-x-tremevision-gen2-xenon-car-headlight-bulb

Edit 2: This guy on eBay seems to be the only one selling them in the world, but I dont really want to wait a month (or buy from eBay) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-Xen...ash=item4b0a0976c4:g:UWoAAOSw8w1X~VXg&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

dirtyzecret

Newly Enlightened
I started the thread on the other forum, did not know about this forum though.
They are in the mail and im gonna get them Wednesday.
Gonna compare them to my standard ''old'' X-treme vision bulbs.
But if they are just a little bit better than the old ones they will still be amazing.
The Phillips x-treme +50% are the best bulbs I have ever tried period.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Your pages are hosted by philips.co.za, which doesn't inspire confidence to this consumer in the US, particularly with the lack of distribution outside of South Africa.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your pages are hosted by philips.co.za, which doesn't inspire confidence to this consumer in the US, particularly with the lack of distribution outside of South Africa.
South Africa is a party to the UNECE Convention on Road Traffic; Philips does business in South Africa as Koninklijke Philips N.V. ("Kinglike", or "Royal" Philips). The site is a genuine Philips site.

The greater concern is that someone is shipping these from the Russian Federation. How is HE getting his hands on them? I'd wait for their appearance in more reliable channels, myself.

dirtyzecret

Newly Enlightened
I know there are many big car shops in Russia, and some of the Russian shops are really big in transport lights.
I do not see the concern about buying bulbs from Russia, or the person in the ebay link mentioned.
Russia is a big country with an insane amount of people.
Of course they are a big market for Phillips.
I will also say that's it's a little early for this product to be fake, but on the other hand you never know.
If you buy from eBay and it turns out counterfeited you have both eBay and PayPal buyers protection.
Either way you get back your money.
But I agree that 1 month is a long wait after ordered, hehe

timex

Newly Enlightened
The greater concern is that someone is shipping these from the Russian Federation. How is HE getting his hands on them? I'd wait for their appearance in more reliable channels, myself.
The grey market for replacement automotive parts is pervasive in Russia and Asia. Likely genuine, but shop at your own risk.

MTerrence

Newly Enlightened
Would anyone happen to know how the Phillips X-tremeVision gen2 D4S (http://www.philips.co.za/c-p/42402XV2S1/xenon-x-tremevision-gen2-xenon-car-headlight-bulb) compares to the Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Unlimited D4S? (http://www.powerbulbs.com/ca/product/osram-xenarc-night-breaker-unlimited-d4s-single)

It's my understanding that the Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Unlimited was considered to be one of the best D4S lamps, but I just want to make sure that I still have a good understanding of what's the best in that market since I'm planning on replacing my headlamps (bulbs, not assemblies) in about a year when my car is at 100,000km.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Can't really go wrong with either of those; they're both better than a standard bulb. If both were equally as available to me at the same price, I'd tend to pick the Philips first, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

dirtyzecret

Newly Enlightened
I think the Osram Xenon bulbs in general burns out faster than Phillips.
That said I have only tried the ONB last gen, not the +70%.
I found the Xtreme Vision +50% to be a better bulb for my use, long winter and a lot of snow.

dirtyzecret

Newly Enlightened
I bought from a loal car dealer. A friend of mine bought from the russian ebay seller.
These pics are from the ones ordered trough eBay.
8LD2
njYn
beqr
5NEK
o-5w
4FqA

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the other hand, how do we know they haven't copied just one or two boxes so that there're always "genuine" sets, or does it show an audit trail like the first distributor they went to? Or will it show a red flag like "800 people checked the authenticity of this code pairing" since X date?

Not to say that these AREN'T genuine but it's just another detail the counterfeiters can use to make their own product look legitimate.

dirtyzecret

Newly Enlightened
On the other hand, how do we know they haven't copied just one or two boxes so that there're always "genuine" sets, or does it show an audit trail like the first distributor they went to? Or will it show a red flag like "800 people checked the authenticity of this code pairing" since X date?

Not to say that these AREN'T genuine but it's just another detail the counterfeiters can use to make their own product look legitimate.
You never know :)

dirtyzecret

Newly Enlightened
I was planing on doing a comparison between 50+ and 150+, but im to lazy to do the job.
Anyways, the ones from ebay and the retail ones sits in different projectors, and is maybe not comparable because of that.

It also takes a lot of hours before the bulbs get their right colour?

I do not think the ebay ones are fake, the bulbs and packaging looks the same, also the boxes the arrived in are the same, here are pics.

Ebay
RRWB

Retail
EyUt

dirtyzecret

Newly Enlightened
Did it anyway, took a shortcut tough. Did not replace both only the left one.
I can not see much different, maybe the new ones are rebranded 50% :)
And I do not know how to take good pictures of lights and bulbs.
The bulb on the right side is the new150% in both pictures.
When looking on the lights from the front, the old bulb has a little more blue crisp light, while the new one is I dont know, just white maybe? Does OEM bulbs have break in periode?
Anyway, the first pic is with the old bulb 50% on the drivers left side (these bulbs have done about 25 000 km)
And the second pic is with the new 150% bulb on the left side, these bulbs have been on for 4 hours.
Jo88

itgU

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Photos (any photos, taken by any photographer) are useless here. Also, your headlamps are not aimed correctly; the left one's higher than the right one and they both look too way too high. Get the car to a shop with an optical headlamp aimer ASAP.