• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Pocket clip & new option

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweeet, thanks!

I may try it myself, assuming I don't burn the house down in the process. :whistle:

docflash

Newly Enlightened
ISTR i saw a post mentioning it'll fit directly on a jetbeam rrt-01 w/o modification. if so, i'm in for one.

and here's a little-known fact: the standard tripod thread is the same thread used to hold a lampshade. in the past, i've used one to hold a camera for an interior group shot i wanted to be in, when i didn't have a tripod. having a clip on a flashlight that'll do the same will be even better.

ron, do you know if it does, indeed, fit the rrt-01?

thx . . .

McGizmo

Flashaholic
docflash,
If you are asking me about compatibility of the clip with the rrt-01 I have no idea. sorry.

D2000

Enlightened
The clip is 58-59mm long. The point at which the clip contacts the flashlight tube is 50-51mm forward from the back edge of the clip. The back edge of the clip is 2mm behind the centerpoints of the screw holes. The screw holes are approximately 7.5mm center-to-center. The clip is designed for a 1"-diameter attachment point, but pressure from the attachment screws will bend the clip to fit other sizes.

I'm on the same mission as Mattaus, except i'm 3D modelling for a few prototype designs and love the scale of the clip. What are the diameter of the holes in the clip? And what's the diameter of the screws?

jimtesla

Newly Enlightened
Will this clip work with the sunwayman v10r

looking for a clip for one

thanks

kadinh

Newly Enlightened
I have a Sinner 18650 EDC and I would like to know if this clip will fit it. I would like something a lot stiffer than the Ti clip he sends with it. I saw in a thread that it would fit, but i thought i would come to the source to make sure :) thank you.

oneinthaair

Enlightened
I have a Sinner 18650 EDC and I would like to know if this clip will fit it. I would like something a lot stiffer than the Ti clip he sends with it. I saw in a thread that it would fit, but i thought i would come to the source to make sure :) thank you.

Yes it fits perfect, I've built a few Sinners with McGizmo Clips.

PM me if have any questions.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this clip work with the sunwayman v10r
looking for a clip for one
thanks

You would have to have someone like precisionworks drill and tap holes to mount the clip.

The hole pattern is the same but you'll need the screws Sinner uses as they are not 4-40.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, or anyone... can someone tell me what tool I need to acquire in order to remove the clip screws from my Haiku? I have quite a few small tools but none will fit these heads.

Thanks

nbp

Flashaholic
Those drivers are awesome. I'm glad picked one up. Crack those tight screws right loose!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
You would have to have someone like precisionworks drill and tap holes to mount the clip.

The hole pattern is the same but you'll need the screws Sinner uses as they are not 4-40.

They are 1/4-20 threads, and you may want to use thin nuts on top and bottom for extra security. 1/4-20 threads have been used on cameras since, from what I know since the 1930's when they standardized the hot shoe still in use today and film speeds, and other things. However, the 1/4-20 could have been used well before the 30's, I just have no confirmation of it.

Last edited:

Croquette

Enlightened
May I ask what size of allen key I need to unscrew the pocket clip ?

As I live in europe, most of mine are in metric and are either too small or too big.

Thank you.

nbp

Flashaholic
You're welcome. If you are able to order one online where you are, the MIP Thorpe hex driver Don recommends is outstanding if you will use it with any regularity. Excellent quality and great torquing ability.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
The MIP Thorp will work better than any other you can find. They are very precise, snap in the hex screws and don't budge, and will do no damage to your screws, which you should have a back up set from Don, just in case. You can't go around with a messed up screw on one of these lights!