Polarion Battery - 2015 Thread

jellydonut

Enlightened
Re: Polarion Battery - 2015 Thread - Clarification and additional information

The light originally sold for nearly $2,000. $299 (shipping from USA) to keep it in good order (after 8 years) is not a bad deal. That said, HID lights draw a lot of current. Polarion Korea does not advise altering used battery packs. If money is a concern, I would advise going to the online store and requesting a coupon via e-mail. You never know what they may come up with.

Is there a Polarion retailer in Europe for buying battery packs? My PH40 battery pack is also dead and needs replacing.

Parker VH

Enlightened

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141814161159?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141811956607?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
or shop.polarion-store.com
Through Polarion-store, you can reach out to us for additional inquiries. You can PM me as last resort through here.

Sorry for delay.

Can you give me a current link for a replacement battery if there is one available still on eBay? I just want to make sure if I decide to buy one that I buy it from a reputable dealer. When looking at a new battery, how current of a manufacturing date should I be concerned with?

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

2- The battery used in PH40 and PH50 is the same. The life in minutes in both cases is the same (about 80 minutes).

7- Polarion recommends that batteries should be stored charged.

SOURCE: Polarion HQ

How can a ~20% variance in output watts have a close to nil affect on run time ?
For this to be true the PH40 ballast would have to be very inefficient and the PH50 ballast extremely efficient in order for this to make any sense, or the claimed wattages are way off or some combination of the 2

I believe the ideal long term storage charge level for all Lithium Ion batteries is 60 to 70% charge and in a VERY cool place such as a fridge

Last edited:

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened

Contact polarion-store directly or 860-350-2825. Items are in stock. E-bay link is the same.

As far as your other question, i would not buy batteries from 2013 or earlier. That said, all batteries have a # of charge cycles, no matter the vintage. For Polarion batteries, the # of cycles is approximately 400.

Parker VH

Enlightened

Contact polarion-store directly or 860-350-2825. Items are in stock. E-bay link is the same.

As far as your other question, i would not buy batteries from 2013 or earlier. That said, all batteries have a # of charge cycles, no matter the vintage. For Polarion batteries, the # of cycles is approximately 400.

I thought that I had read somewhere that some of the newer model batteries had improved circuitry or something so as not to be as badly affected when it comes to long-term storage and discharge of the batteries?

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened

I thought that I had read somewhere that some of the newer model batteries had improved circuitry or something so as not to be as badly affected when it comes to long-term storage and discharge of the batteries?

You are correct. The charging circuit was modified around 2014 to protect against deep discharge. Deep discharge was especially an issue for end-users who stored batteries long term inside their lights. New batteries don't have that problem. That said, all batteries have a finite # of charge/ discharge cycle. Number is about 400. Fred

Parker VH

Enlightened

I guess if I am going to spend the money on a new battery, I want to be sure it has this circuitry so I should buy a battery with a date code of 2015 or newer?

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened

You should buy 2015 or newer and NEW. There is no way to know the # of charge/discharge cycles on used batteries. Best to buy new indeed.

Parker VH

Enlightened

Are the date codes on the batteries written so that they are easily distinguishable or are they in some form of factory code?

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened

Bob, there is a date code on each battery. White numbers and letters on black sticker. First 2 numbers represent the year.

Trevornen

Newly Enlightened
Polarion Battery 2015 Thread

this flashlight with lamp D2s - the best of all. He lacks one thing - normal battery indicator. I know that in Lemax LX50 have a low battery indicator ... Flashlight flashes when the battery residue of 10-15. I think the same thing at the Lemax LX70 This is not the best way to learn about the amount of energy in the battery You do not plan to make the indicator as on Xeray or Polarion ?