POLL: Any Interest in Fenix using Nichia 219 HCRI

Would you like to see Fenix use the Nichia 219 HCRI LED?

• Yes I would!

Votes: 122 84.7%
  • Somewhat interested...

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • No I wouldn't.

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had mentioned in an email to Fenix about using the Nichia NVSL 219 4500K HCRI maybe in a limited series.
I was contacted back asking if there would be any fans for a HCRI option.
So here is a poll, please also post what light/s you would prefer with the 219 LED.

tickled

Newly Enlightened
I had mentioned in an email to Fenix about using the Nichia NVSL 219 4500K HCRI maybe in a limited series. I was contacted back asking if there would be any fans for a HCRI option. So here is a poll, please also post what light/s you would prefer with the 219 LED.
5000K and I'd be in.

sadboy

Newly Enlightened
You know, I haven't check out any Fenix flashlights since I joined CPF. After looking at their current lineup, the only suggestion I'll make (along with the LD01 and E05) is the E15.

Hopefully, more people will chime in to get a better consensus of everyone wants.

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted yes.
But it would be nice to get 5000k if possible.
I HATE warms.

In the E05 would be stupendous. I'd buy one immediately. I already have a R2 E05, and I love it.
I would buy one in the LD15 too. Or an E11, if they clear up the mfg QC problems.

Last edited:

djozz

Newly Enlightened
hmm, I like to have the 219 in a small but powerful light, fenix lights are too bulky and too dim (I'm sure they are very robust!). Count me in when the Eagletac d25a comes with the 219!
djozz

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm, I like to have the 219 in a small but powerful light, fenix lights are too bulky and too dim (I'm sure they are very robust!). Count me in when the Eagletac d25a comes with the 219!
djozz

That strikes me as a rather "trolly" comment, considering that the Fenix LD15 is virtually the same size, the same price, and the same maximum brightness as the Eagletac D25A.

Not that I have any dog in the fight of Fenix vs Eagletac, but if you are going to try to make a point, at least try to make a valid point that's true, and not some silly comment to ego-stroke the Eagletac.

Jay611j

Enlightened
LD01 & E05!!!

We need another poll with the most popular fenix models we would like updated.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It'll be really cool if they can get 219 versions for all the XP-E and XP-G lights (or at least the most popular ones). If I had to pick, the LD22/12 and the LD01 would be nice. Maybe the LD40 for a throwy Nichia 219 light.

drink2chill

Newly Enlightened
Definitely yes on an E05 and LD12. Actually any lights that fall below the 200 lumens category. :twothumbs

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted yes.
But it would be nice to get 5000k if possible.
I HATE warms.

4500k isn't warm at all. It's white. 5000k is blue.

You don't get into warm until you're below 4k.

I can't believe you get "sick" from incandescent light. I get sick if I'm in a room with artificial lighting all day. Reminds me of "Joe vs the Volcano" and that sickly blue lit office he worked in. LOL

Last edited: