Portable Powerbank

BVH

Flashaholic
Has anyone seen this gem of a powerbank?

I bought one as a second battery for my BougeRV refrigerated cooler. Some great features and a few tons of capacity at many selectable output Voltages. What could be better? - It's pack is LiFeP04 chemistry. Charge it full, almost no self-discharge, 2,500 or more charge cycles, safest of the Lithium chemistries.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Has anyone seen this gem of a powerbank?

I bought one as a second battery for my BougeRV refrigerated cooler. Some great features and a few tons of capacity at many selectable output Voltages. What could be better? - It's pack is LiFeP04 chemistry. Charge it full, almost no self-discharge, 2,500 or more charge cycles, safest of the Lithium chemistries.
McAfee reports that website as RISKY

Poppy

Flashaholic
This arrived a couple of days ago
12,000 mah that has a 3A USB C in and out. It can also accept up to 2A iPhone lightning cord input.
It has four LEDs to report level of charge.
When charging they blink from 1 2 3 4 .

Either it has a quirk, or mine is faulty, but when charging with a 3A charger, the last indicator LED never stops blinking, I continue to get this pattern:
1 2 3 4 4 4 4 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 ...
Even after 15 hours of charging.

If I disconnect the charger, all four LEDs light up to indicate full charge.
At that point I used it to add some charge to my iPhone. It added 25% charge fairly quickly.

My plan was to partially discharge the battery pack. Four LEDs remained lit. I guess I didn't drain it enough.

I then reconnected a 1.35 A charger, using the iPhone input, and it charged the unit and it stopped blinking.

So there you have it a mixed review.
If you use a 3A charger, you won't know when it is fully charged while it is connected. At least that is the experience I have had with MY unit. Others have mentioned similar issues with the last LED continually blinking. Maybe they were using a 3A charger? IDK.

EDIT follow up:
I wrote to the supplier, they were very responsive. They had their units tested and found that it would OUTPUT 5V 3A, but it would accept inputs between 1.3A and 2A.

AS I noted above, It WILL accept 3A charging, but the 4th led won't stop blinking. Will it over charge? IDK. It does have over charge protection.

As a side note, they as a thank you for bringing this to their attention, they refunded my money without me asking, nor intending to ask for it. Good customer service!

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
did you get bold and take a look at that near 100 Ah Bodega unit? LFP, LFP,LFP!
Well, no, I did not boldly go where you had gone before. But considering that you so highly regard it, I decided to look for an alternate source of information.

I now see why you like it so much, especially if you have a particular need for it.

scout24

Flashaholic
Pishing the definition of portable, but I purchased a Li-ion 100ah trolling motor battery over the summer. Used it with an inverter to run LED lights and charge phones (used for the camera function) on a recent Idaho mule deer hunt. Worked fantastic as expected, no issues. I like my small Anker bank for put in my pocket portable, but 100ah is nice to have, lol.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pishing the definition of portable, but I purchased a Li-ion 100ah trolling motor battery over the summer. Used it with an inverter to run LED lights and charge phones (used for the camera function) on a recent Idaho mule deer hunt. Worked fantastic as expected, no issues. I like my small Anker bank for put in my pocket portable, but 100ah is nice to have, lol.
+

Picked up a couple of these LFP for their compact size for 100Ah last March.
I charge & use them connected in 24V series., occasionally in 12V. {charging, you do need a lifepo4 charger or solar controller}
Overall they have been great, easy to move around. The Wh runtime seems accurate, even for the small size
Very much recommend, especially at price below

Real good deal going on right now ~ $269

edit,, add

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
You guys make me jealous. I can't justify getting one. In the last seven years we have only had two power outages. Each lasted no more than two hours. I don't have a battery powered cooler, I just have a large one that can hold an ample amount of supplies, after adding a couple of bags of ice.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Since I'v had my LiTime* 100Ah mini units for a while, quick review:

Put them through a good couple dozen charge/discharge cycles using a HQST MPPT Solar Charge Controller 40 Amp.
Set my float voltage to 28.4V but they haven't charge up that high,, possibly the BMS stepping in.
Usage is great, really just using a decent inverter it's all good.

I'll take off a 1/2 Star because sometimes they get out of balance used/powering in series; they shouldn't, but it's not dangerous because there are so many safety systems between the LFP (bms) and/or inverter.

So; 5 Stars for very compact size and build, 4 Stars for occasional imbalance used in series.
4.5 Stars(y)

*AmperTime became LiTime = same company

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys make me jealous. I can't justify getting one. In the last seven years we have only had two power outages. Each lasted no more than two hours. I don't have a battery powered cooler, I just have a large one that can hold an ample amount of supplies, after adding a couple of bags of ice.
Poppy, you don't justify emergency preparedness acquisitions based on past experiences, that is the fallacy of normalcy bias, that the future will be as the past. Instead, you have to base it on the risks possible and the possible negative consequences. When Ukraine, for example, was warned Russia was going to invade, they disregarded the warning due to normalcy bias. You know the consequence.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
…you don't justify emergency preparedness acquisitions based on past experiences, that is the fallacy of normalcy bias, that the future will be as the past. Instead, you have to base it on the risks possible and the possible negative consequences. When Ukraine, for example, was warned Russia was going to invade, they disregarded the warning due to normalcy bias. You know the consequence.
This needs to be repeated ad infinitum until it becomes the new normal. At least we're talking about it here in the forum, and this normalcy bias you mention is very closely related to all the same dangers as hubris, or maybe it's just another way of referencing it, but I like the clarity of this term I just picked up from you.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
This needs to be repeated ad infinitum until it becomes the new normal. At least we're talking about it here in the forum, and this normalcy bias you mention is very closely related to all the same dangers as hubris, or maybe it's just another way of referencing it, but I like the clarity of this term I just picked up from you.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Poppy, you don't justify emergency preparedness acquisitions based on past experiences, that is the fallacy of normalcy bias, that the future will be as the past. Instead, you have to base it on the risks possible and the possible negative consequences. When Ukraine, for example, was warned Russia was going to invade, they disregarded the warning due to normalcy bias. You know the consequence.
@IMA SOL MAN
I am chuckling inside because although your statement is accurate, I don't believe that you are serious. IDK where one stops in his acquisition of emergency preparedness. I don't have a bomb shelter.

Regarding electricity and power banks I am already pretty well covered. I have a 12V car battery that can be recharged with the car's alternator. I also have a number of power banks, and 20V tool batteries, and two inverter generators, and nearly 60 gallons of fuel.

Glow Bug

Enlightened
I use the Milwaukee top off inverter that uses my tool batteries. It has ac power output as well as USBC and one more format for charging. I used mine every night traveling from Alaska to SC this summer to power a CPAP. I used the 12.0ah battery and used a car charger to replenish the battery during the day. Perfect setup for my needs. Very versatile having both ac and dc options.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
…although your statement is accurate, I don't believe that you are serious. IDK where one stops in his acquisition of emergency preparedness. I don't have a bomb shelter.
Of course he's serious; is there really anything wrong with differing levels of preparedness? Not at all.

Your personal bomb shelter is a really poor analogy for a personal emergency power source.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Of course he's serious; is there really anything wrong with differing levels of preparedness? Not at all.

Your personal bomb shelter is a really poor analogy for a personal emergency power source.
Perhaps you missed the point that I have multiple emergency power sources, including TWO inverter generators, and 60 gallons of fuel.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
@IMA SOL MAN
I am chuckling inside because although your statement is accurate, I don't believe that you are serious. IDK where one stops in his acquisition of emergency preparedness. I don't have a bomb shelter.

Regarding electricity and power banks I am already pretty well covered. I have a 12V car battery that can be recharged with the car's alternator. I also have a number of power banks, and 20V tool batteries, and two inverter generators, and nearly 60 gallons of fuel.
@Poppy As close as you are to NYC, I don't think you could dig a bomb shelter deep enough to make a difference. If you really want to survive a thermonuclear war you will have to move "your stuff" a lot farther from NYC than you are now. :)

You have made some preps, only you can decide what level of preps are proper for you. It is your skin, no one else's. Hopefully, you will never exceed your preps capacity. Good luck to you. May you live long and be happy.