Possibly the worst 18650s around - 9800mAh(!) UltraFire

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I'm holding out for proper Zero Point Modules.

Unfortunately, the present state of the art in Chinese manufacturing for these often produces Zero Power Modules instead...

Conte

Enlightened
The need to knock off a Zero. 980mAH and it would be close. LOL

Send them back to the seller if via Ebay as they guarantee sellers conduct and products are not misleading etc.

HAH, my thoughts exactly. They mean't to put a decimal in the capacity number.

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fake 10000mAh 18650 cells have been around for quite some time - they were discussed here before. Of course it is not surprising that competition keeps forcing them to increase the fake capacity claims.

Soon they will reach infinity, and to leap beyond that they will need help from mathematicians (set-theorists) to understand notation for higher orders of infinity. Not only do such pie-in-the-sky abstractions exist, but they actually find use in concrete real-world applications, e.g. proving that certain types of complex recursive algorithms do terminate. For a simple example see this post - which describes a simple statement about arithmetic that is true but is not provable by elementary number theory.

Minimoog

Enlightened
The fake 10000mAh 18650 cells have been around for quite some time - they were discussed here before. Of course it is not surprising that competition keeps forcing them to increase the fake capacity claims.

Soon they will reach infinity, and to leap beyond that they will need help from mathematicians (set-theorists) to understand notation for higher orders of infinity. Not only do such pie-in-the-sky abstractions exist, but they actually find use in concrete real-world applications, e.g. proving that certain types of complex recursive algorithms do terminate. For a simple example see this post - which describes a simple statement about arithmetic that is true but is not provable by elementary number theory.

A battery with a large infinity symbol instead of a rating and finished in solid black with a bright yellow spark symbol running from pole to pole would look impressive on eBay. Whilst only absorbing around 800mAh when charging, due to the wrapper and zap symbol it could be marketed as something new and amazing.

davew2

Newly Enlightened
The ForeverFIRE - aka the Eternal Flame battery. Half-life rated at 100 years. Do not discard in container unless approved by NRC or AEC. Ships from Fukushima Japan.

"Now that's funny. I don't care who you are, that is funny!" - Larry the Cable Guy

ShySly

Newly Enlightened
If anyone wants further indictment of these, I bought some a couple months back. After finding this post I requested a refund, and the seller doesn't even want the batteries back, they simply gave me back my money.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Greetings, ShySly!

The current max actual capacity you can get from a 18650 is 3400-3600 mAh. Anything above that (4000+ mAh), and best avoid it.

Recently bought myself some Keeppower NCR18650G 3600 mAh for a Fenix CL30R lantern.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Keeppower-...eable-Protected-Japan-Battery-x2/222658620669

First time I've seen an 18650 3600 mAh, but I got several Keeppower batteries of multiple types, and am pleased with all of them.
Dealt with this seller before too, and they're effective and polite, so I don't seen any reason for concern.

Also,

:welcome: