!!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

PinarelloOnly

Newly Enlightened
picture

loszabo

Enlightened
the KX3 on the Z2 HA body is really nice too!

Interesting side note the G2D tailcap is not compatable with the rest of the P series lights.

I can't confirm that, as I have tried my KX3 on every 6P-compatible body I had -- and always used the original switch. (I always change batteries by taking off the head...)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Interesting side note the G2D tailcap is not compatable with the rest of the P series lights.
This is the same reason why the standard Z41 LOTC isn't compatible with the Nitrolon bodies.
The Nitrolon bodies are slightly thicker, and along with the metal sleeve lining result in the switch contact being slightly different as well.

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
I can't confirm that, as I have tried my KX3 on every 6P-compatible body I had -- and always used the original switch. (I always change batteries by taking off the head...)

I suppose my memory is wrong here..

After a bit of testing/legoing, stock 6P twisty, clicky, and G2D tailcaps are infact compatable. However, the G2D one is quite a bit (couple mm maybe) shorter.

Oh yes, the "business" ends are all a perfect fit.

Perhaps I was remembering when I was drunk, trying to lego together P and E series parts. :rolleyes:

Off to gather up a few more dropins and parts.. :whistle:

alflys2

Newly Enlightened
Tailcap is shorter so the lanyard ring will turn on body. More of a gap between body and tailcap.

loszabo

Enlightened
Tailcap is shorter so the lanyard ring will turn on body. More of a gap between body and tailcap.

So, that KX3 problem let me not rest: I just tried it on my 6Z and my G2 body. Now, I didn't realize that myself, but the KX3 works a little bit better on the G2 body (for which it was made).

4611830076_a7b006c1c1.jpg

If you rapidly full-click, the 6Z does not really jump from mode to mode all the time. If you half-click, you see no difference on both bodies.

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice collection Vernon! :thumbsup: Thanks for bringing this thread back up. I've want to take a pic of my collection, but I have some more Surefires on the way and want to wait. :grin2:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I couldn't hold off any more. Took some quick pics of my Kroma and M4 along with their little companion, my new (to me) E1e in Satin Gray. I've got my first Milky coming in the mail too. That plus my C2-CJ will make 5. I like odd numbers so I'll have to pick up two more soon. :grin2:

Please forgive the lack of lighting (cloudy day) and messy kitchen. I'm going to get a light box or some sort of backdrop setup soon. More pics of the E1 are over on the E Series addicts thread. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/234418&page=11

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
So I thought I'd put this whole tailcap thing to rest once and for all.. with some pictures! After all, this is the SF picture thread. :cool:

Here's what I call the Z59-FYL:

z59-g2d.jpg

Compare to a "normal" (HA) Z59 (with mcclicky):

z59.jpg

You're not imagining things..

A homemade G2L-FYL:

G2L-FYL.jpg

A HA Z2-KX3, anyone?

Z2-KX3.jpg

This last picture should show that the KX3 head is in fact HAIII, as is the Z59-FYL.

Edit: The "Z59" on the Z2 is a stock twisty with a mcclicky. (Is there a Z- designation for the stock twisties?)

Last edited:

tigervn

Newly Enlightened
I'm from Vietnam, this is my SF collection:

VIV_4134.jpg

Last edited: