• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pre-payment for the HAIII black SF-III. ENDED!

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: Pre-payment for the HAIII black SF-III.

ARC Mania... you've been here long enough to know not to post private communications. Please take some time off to read Rule 12.

ArsMachina

Enlightened

TB, perhaps I can help you a little bit.

The Ostar 15W has a very nice beam which is quite wide and bright - love it!

The SMT has a very narrow hotspot with few flood around. I do not like this but to target far away objects it might be useful...
I found using the wide angle Fraen reflector with the SMT even worse, as you loose all the photons in a very very wide beam without any punch - it is like a Mule...

The Ostar 4die LED has a similar beam as the Ostar 15W, so it is very different to the SMT.

The SST-50 also has such a nice wide and bright beam, at last with the reflector in my ME-II
As far as I know the beam with a Fraen reflectors is not so nice, but I have never seen it.
The SST-50 is not as bright as the Ostar 15W and Mike told above, that even the underdriven Ostar 15W is brighter than the SST-50

I also thought about the SST-50 because it is bright and has a longer runtime than the Ostar 15W.
But I am anxious about the hazzle to find the right reflector for it.
The MCR38 might work, but it is nearly unobtainable.
And I believe the narrower opening angle of the MCR38 would cause a longer reflector - probably too long for the head of the SF-III without a lot of machining.
If one would find the right reflector the SST-50 would be a very good alternative.

So I decided to go for the Ostar 15W, a LED which I really love since I got my SF-V

Jochen

Metatron

Banned

TB, i dont have a lux meter unfortunately, but side by side with the SMT the Ostar 6 die is brighter to me. hope this helps, now back to topic...of pre pay

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

ARC Mania... you've been here long enough to know not to post private communications. Please take some time off to read Rule 12.

While the decision is undoubtly right, please keep that time short, as a prepayer of the light offered in this thread as well as another one currently offered, I don't feel well with this situation that isn't really of help here... :candle:

Mike, we all get angry sometimes, happened to me a few days ago as well as you know. I wanted to post something mean here too (nothing against the rules though), fortunately my mind came back before I did. In german they say "Der Klügere gibt nach" which can be translated as "the wiser man backs off". Yeah, you're right, the anger doesn't pass as quickly as if you shoot back, but the feeling to be "the wiser man" should compensate it. It should... :poke:

We've all been looking forward to this special SF-III for 2 months now, please don't allow the project to die! :wave:

Metatron

Banned

jesus wept, now i have seen everything:banghead:

Admin edit: Seeing you in disgust over the activity of our board, we'll remove the aggravation for you.

For previous history, and this rule violation, you're suspended until further notice. Please direct any inquiries requesting reinstatement to the administrative board. - Empath

Last edited by a moderator:

one2tim

Enlightened

sad it had to come to this mess, mike makes such amazing flashlights, im still super duper happy for the SF-III ive carried since 23 december

proline

Enlightened

The pre-pay, unless Mike says different, is still on. The dreaded Banned under his name has been removed... :D

Do not discuss that subject here. Keep your thoughts to yourselves per posting rules... :)

My last :paypal: has been sent...Everything I ordered is paid in full now... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

rkJr

Enlightened

...Here are pictures of an earlier SF-III modified with newer technology and of course, it has the new tailcap.

2dvo5g6.jpg

Would there be interest to use the new tailcap on both the combat and standard barrel versions? I am asking this because if I am going to make this a limited edition, I thought it should look unique. Please post your thoughts. Thank you. ARC mania

Was interested in getting in if pre-pay ordering is still open...

#9, Black SF-III, + Ostar 15W. Combat Grip
#9, Black SF-III, w/ SMT, Standard grip

I was left confused as to which tailcap this comes with, the semi-covered tail cap on the left(w/ McClicky?) or the slotted style tailcap on the right?

LMK, Standing by with PP or MO,

proline

Enlightened

Was interested in getting in if pre-pay ordering is still open...

I was left confused as to which tailcap this comes with, the semi-covered tail cap on the left(w/ McClicky?) or the slotted style tailcap on the right?

LMK, Standing by with PP or MO,
One tailcap comes with light as pictured or substitute the square Anti-Roll tailcap with McClicky.

You can change from stock, pick your style of the three when ordering, not including the old style King Crown.

$65 each for extras in your choice of style if you want more than one.

The old King Crown tailcap with Kroll switch will not fit the new shorter body style which the Black lights are.

In the Titanium version Mike was talked into building a new style King Crown tailcap that has a McClicky switch in it. The threads and diameter are different in the three piece..

The old lights were three piece, the newer ones are two piece and the newest Ti light is back to three piece. The old King Crown with Kroll switch will only fit the older three piece bodies. It might fit the new Ti but the Kroll switch will not handle the amps.

Post updated and now correct... :D
14ca4jb.jpg

miymfs.jpg

35aiu7t.jpg

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

proline: Thank you for your help. Yes, you are correct on the tailcaps.

I don't mean to drag this on but am still a couple lights short. Been left with broken promises. I am extending the pre-pay til Monday the 8th.

ARC mania

proline

Enlightened

proline: Thank you for your help. Yes, you are correct on the tailcaps.

I don't mean to drag this on but am still a couple lights short. Been left with broken promises. I am extending the pre-pay til Monday the 8th.

ARC mania
Post #129 updated and now correct about the tailcaps.

P.S. Highly recommended to get the optional Flood reflector for $12 at least for the Ostar SMT. Can be used on the 15 Watt Ostar as well for a radical flood beam. Either way the option is nice as you can change the reflectors at will. The flood takes out the distance throw but makes it a very useful light for closer up work and still plenty bright enough on high.

Personally I like it a lot for general lighting. Have both on hand and configure as desired.

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

In total I am only going to make 10pcs of each light so 10pcs in standard grip and 10pcs of the combat grip making the black version a rarity amongst collectors. As mentioned before this will be the last of the SF-III series.

ARC mania

rkJr

Enlightened

:paypal:

with the xtra tailcap w/ McClicky for + $65

Thanks, Mike and also proline for your additional info and help.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tried logging on earlier and couldn't due to lots of traffic. I'm finally on and am ending the pre-pay. I need to get things moving.

I don't know if this is good news or not but out of sheer luck, just acquired some warm white 4 die 10 watt Ostar LED's. These are rated at 4500K and a PY in brightness (brightest you can get in its class) I wasn't planning on ever buying more LED's from Osram due to past issues but figured what the heck. I tested one and it was nice and bright! If anyone wants this put in their SF-III, I will need an additional $24.00. Just have a handful of these LED's.

ARC mania

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Mike, I might be interested in a 10W 4 die Ostar LED.
Can you please tell me the difference in brightness and runtime to the underdriven 15W Ostar ?
I assume the beam will be the same...

Jochen