• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pre-payment thread for titanium 3pc SF-III. ENDED!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Pre-payment thread for titanium 3pc SF-III.

I have an idea : If we get enough people to profit form the 100$ refund I don't want mine neither.

So, together with those from ZeissOEM2, there are now 200$ in the "jackpot". Mike can dispose of them how he wants of course, he could offer them however he thinks it'll serve to get more people on the list.

Yeah, difficult, I know, just an idea... :D

Metatron

Banned

Menatron you are terminal :broke: :whoopin::crackup: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: - well if there is world shortage of MPJ lights we know where to go :naughty:
standby for the sexiest most efficient work of art ever assembled in the land of the rising sun mate! in the mean time its back to bread and peanut butter for me :wave:

qarawol

Enlightened

I just spoke with MJ and he came down with the flu again. Before he got sick, he found out the the Nichia 119T LED can be driven at 3 watts as opposed to 2 watts which was originally spec'd. Best guess, this should give approximately 30% more output with no concerns of overheating.

Now is the time to jump off the fence and get on the SF-III Titanium wagon.

Njoy...

Metatron

Banned

I just spoke with MJ and he came down with the flu again. Before he got sick, he found out the the Nichia 119T LED can be driven at 3 watts as opposed to 2 watts which was originally spec'd. Best guess, this should give approximately 30% more output with no concerns of overheating.

Now is the time to jump off the fence and get on the SF-III Titanium wagon.

Njoy...
most interesting, so an approximate lumen rating at the led would be?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will post what's what on the pictures below in the next 24 hours. Caught the flu and still feel like crap......

sd1h1w.jpg

2mglap1.jpg

2m3shol.jpg

72emia.jpg

2iiud6q.jpg

ARC mania

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it is what I think on the pictures, I have either to change from the spot reflector to the flood one or get a flood reflector as a spare.

I tend to the spot reflector for all lights, as I think it gives the most homogenous beam, the SF-III with the Ostar SMT has a very bright spill with the spot reflector and I couldn't imagine it better... :whistle:

ArsMachina

Enlightened

When I got my SF III with the Ostar SMT I was a little bit disappointed by the spot, which was way too hot for me ;)

I had such a fraen flood reflector lying around here so I tried it out.
Sure it produced flood, really nothing but flood.
Spreading the photons such wide gave a very wiede flood which was not very bright at all.

After this experience I throw away this flood reflector, this is nothing for me.

I still love the beam made by a 15W Ostar and the fraen "spot" reflector as it is used in the SF V - for me this is nothing but perfect.

It is really a pity that the old good MCR 38 is no longer available...

I really would like to know how much dimmer the underdriven Ostar 15W will be compared to the SF-V.

Jochen

ArsMachina

Enlightened

Payment sent for a Ti SF-III standard grip, kings crown switch, Ostar 15W and Spot reflector :)

Jochen

proline

Enlightened

Spoke with Mike today. He is a bit under the weather but wanted me to convey to all that the work goes on... :D

ArsMachina

Enlightened

Yes, come up guys, there are only two days left to sign up for this holy grail light !

Jochen

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, I thought I'd be able to update within 24 hours but ended up back in bed with a high fever :( I'm feeler better today and will update and answer as many PM's as possible.

The beam shot pictures show the difference between the NCSW119T and XP-G R5. Its obvious the 119 is much brighter. Both LED's were driven at 700ma using the same Fraen narrow beam reflector. The 15950 lux reading was clocked at 1.5 meters with the XP-G R5. The 19970 lux reading is from the 119 LED clocked at 1.6 meters.

List updated.

ARC mania

proline

Enlightened

The pre-pay, unless Mike says different, is still on. The dreaded Banned under his name has been removed... :D

Do not discuss that subject here. Keep your thoughts to yourselves per posting rules... :)

My last :paypal: has been sent...Everything I ordered is paid in full now... :thumbsup:

Last edited: