Premium Hotlips-C heatsinks...

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Hotlips-C Heatsink Preorder/Expression of Inte

Thank you for all your pre-orders. I will sort this list out and get back here with the next steps...

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for your pre-orders. Looks like this will be a go-er. I am waiting for final costings for the Sleeve as well as the production prototypes. Once everything meets with approval, I will post the details here.

If at all possible, I would greatly appreciate prepayment for this. If you are also getting the Hotlips-D, please let me know also. Combined shipping will be done for lowish quantities (<6-8).

A quick summary:

<ul type="square">[*]Hotlips-C will be 26.3mm in diameter
[*]The Sleeve will allow Hotlips-C to be used on 28.1mm ID C-sized Ontario Aluminium bodies (OAC). It will be a tight fit, allowing for maximum thermal transfer.
[/list]
Price for the first Hotlips-C is $20 shipped, subsequent ones at $16.
Pricing for Sleeves $3

MenaceSQL

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Prometheid... please wait till the protos have been tested and approved. Will let you know in a few weeks.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
jcciv said:
done, thanks. I have a 28mm body, even though I just bought the light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that does not seem possible unless -- it is old stock? I am quite sure the ones being manufactured right now are all of the smaller ID. At least my last bulk order of them, direct from the factory, from which I made my (last and final) run of Space Needle II's, were...

PeterB

Enlightened

I'm interested in 2 C's. Probably without Sleeves (haven't got the Flashlights yet)

jcciv

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
[ QUOTE ]
jcciv said:
done, thanks. I have a 28mm body, even though I just bought the light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that does not seem possible unless -- it is old stock? I am quite sure the ones being manufactured right now are all of the smaller ID. At least my last bulk order of them, direct from the factory, from which I made my (last and final) run of Space Needle II's, were...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know, it is strange. I wanted a purple 2C Mag, and I finally found one at Home Depot. I did not know about the id change at that point, so I did not check the serial number. I can go by the same store and check the SNs on the other lights that they have.

It is a pretty busy Home Depot, but maybe the lights don't sell very well, so it could be old stock. I don't know how long Mag has been making the purple 2C's...mostly I see Black or Silver.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is anyone planning on running a 5 W on a Hotlips, on two BadBoys paralleled, in a 2 C cell Mag?

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr B: Yeah, sounds like old stock JCCIV picked up.

Peter B: Cool. Please keep an eye on this thread on dates.

Shankus: Go on... YOU be the first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif as long as the numbers work out well.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Along with the Hotlips-D v2 run, Hotlips-C will also be run at the same time ~w/b 8th Sept.
There will be 2 pieces, the Hotlips-C and a Sleeve
<ul type="square">
[*]Hotlips-C will have a diam of 26.3mm and fits tightly in new OACs (serial # starts with C).
Cost: $20 for 1 shipped. Additional at $16 (up to 5)
[*]The Sleeve will take the 26.3mm diam to 28.1mm to fit tightly into older OACs.
Cost: $3.
[/list]

Please keep an eye on this thread for more in due course.

ledlurker

Enlightened

If by chance you end up have some extra ones I would like to change my order to 3 for the C size with the sleeves and still order one D size.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

led-lurker... no problems. I have commissioned additional (over and above the pre-order numbers) Hotlips-C plus Sleeves to be made so your extra requirements can be accommodated without any problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

Howard,

Count me in for the Hotlips-C with a sleeve. Now I just need to find a X3T with a magic resistor set up for my little 2-C maggie ?

Do you know where I can find it ?

Later
Kelly

LED

Newly Enlightened

pregnant_woman_mirror_sizing_up_md_wht.gif

Has anyone have a pet collimator they know they will be using with the C cell? I am pretty sure I will be using the Badboy 750mA Constant Current Boost Converter Board with a Sapphire lens in a 6 cell, but haven't decided on what collimating optics to use.

Any help will be appreciated. The less I have to modify it the better.

thanks

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

using a mag reflector is your best bet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the hotlips were designed to use the mag reflector, and accomplish a wide range of focus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
furthermore, a mag reflector is pretty much the best optical solution currently known (much better than any "optics")

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sway: Thanks for your preorder. I am not sure whether I replied to you earlier. Apologies for the long delay if I haven't. The X3T is not for sale currently as a standalone. The MR circuit has sold out in run one. We may be planning a run two in a few weeks. Please keep an eye on the MR-X with X3T thread.

Led: Per Roth. Thanks Roth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update:

There has been a machine breakdown just before my job was to run (of all things) and the lathe is being fixed as I type. They said it would be ~1wk before it is fixed (parts, manpower, etc). They also need to finish the job that was on the lathe at the time. I would estimate ~2 wks from today before they will get to this Hotlips run. Rest assured though... the jobs will definately run as my Aluminium rod has already arrived. Just need to get them on the lathe and milling machines.

Apologies for the delay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

The prototypes are here. I've been told the production run will finish in ~2 wks time.

Please see the first post of this thread for details.

hotlips_family.jpg